need to know others make mistakes too!

Options
Hi
I have been using mfp for a while now, and I'd love a few people who are open with their diary on my list. Almost everyday I eat something I know I shouldn't, and I always log it, but I feel like a failure afterwards, and it doesn't help that all the other users on my friends list are either super good, or never log it when they cheat!
Please add me if you are really terrible at sticking to a diet, but stay honest about it. We can support each other. I will only accept friends who open their diary for friends to view. ☺

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Or stop thinking there is stuff you 'shouldn't' eat? Makes life a whole lot easier IMO!
  • Blind_Pilot
    Blind_Pilot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi!! i have an open diary and make plenty of mistakes!! managed to put 5lbs on two weeks a fortnight ago!! sending a FR xx
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Added you :) I've got a major sweet tooth and usually have at least some chocolate every day, I'm embarrassed logging some of the stuff I eat, but I really want to have accurate numbers when I look back.
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Or stop thinking there is stuff you 'shouldn't' eat? Makes life a whole lot easier IMO!

Girl! You are not a failure.. you are here and you are working to make yourself better. We all slip up and eat things that are not so good for us. But you should definitely take this advice.

You got this!!!
  • becky841
    becky841 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Aah, thanks!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I log everything - except for the occasional situation where I'll take a few days off for a 'mental break' and check my ability to balance things without logging. I eat fast food. I eat sweets. I occasionally have alcohol. I have a big picture view of things. I think of calories in as a budget, and while I need protein, veggies, etc. there is no reason I can't have the other stuff too. That way of thinking has allowed me to finally reach maintenance after 10+ years of lackluster efforts.

Today's lunch: chips & salsa, hot dog, and salad. Regretting not having a 2nd hotdog, but I have not yet eaten the chips so it should all work out. Afternoon snack is an apple & cutie. Tonight I will either make dinner at home (salmon, veggies, rice) or pick up a salad from Zaxby's. Its an awesome salad - mixed greens, roma tomatoes, blackened grilled chicken and blue cheese. Zaxby's would be quicker/easier and I plan to get in a run tonight - so eating sooner rather than later is leading the debate right now. Hubby is having a few friends over after week. So also contemplating whether or not to have a drink or two. If I do - I'll skip the garlic butter toast that comes with the Zaxby's salad.

Diary is open.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Everyone makes mistakes. It helps me to make sure that I don't have anything I know I shouldn't eat in the house, and I try to find similar, healthier substitutes to fight off cravings.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Added. I do have an open diary, but am not always the best at logging. I have gotten much better lately and have added the app to my phone so I can log on the weekends too.

You shouldn't feel guilty as long as you are staying under your calorie goal. I'm not saying you should it all junk and it's fine, but you can manage your intake. Some days will be better than others.
  • whyteorchid
    whyteorchid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. Pretty sure I've made mine open. It's still new but this weekend I'm going to Santa Cruz, CA on a road trip an plan logging the not so wonderful for foods such as fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw and corn bread! Oh my! It's my boyfriends birthday weekend so I'm sure more bad things will be in there. Lol