question about deviled eggs

sheresamae
sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I am suppose to take deviled eggs to a party tonight and was wondering if anybody had tried to use the plain greek yougart instead of or for part of the mayo??

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Can't say I have but I've used light mayo before and never noticed a difference in taste. I read someone's post earlier today that recommended using hummus as a filler and it tastes just like a deviled egg! I need to try that out because I LOVE deviled eggs but need to keep away from what goes into that filling. Good luck!
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Try using an Olive Oil-based mayo and mustard mix. Yummy! The Olive Oil-mayo has about the same nutritional stats as light, but taste soooo much better. Bonus, the fats that are in the mayo are the monounsaturated kind!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    oh my garshe hummus mixed in would be SO good! So luxurious! Add some curry and POW!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Why don't you make 1 to see how you like it?
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I make it with Greek yogurt all the time. It tastes great!

I've used it in egg salad as well but in that case, the taste is fine but yogurt tends to separate and you get a lot of water on the bottom of your salad, if you don't eat it right away. (I like to make a batch and eat it over several days.) The same thing happens when you use it to make chicken salad.

I also have a recipe for "Madras" Deviled Eggs. I use Greek yogurt instead of mayo and I use Madras Curry Powder and Madras Chutney instead of the spices and vinegar. They are nice and spicy! Oh and I use cucumber for a garnish instead of paprika.
  • sheresamae
    Thank you everybody !! excited to try the hummas next time since i dont have that here
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I use a little mustard (free), a lot of dill relish (free) and just a little Miracle Whip Light (really cheap),,, so I'm basically just serving boiled eggs. :smile:
  • sheresamae
    So I ended up doing half greek yougart half of kraft mayo made with olive oil. Also used fresh dill and fresh chives oh yeah and mustard :) I got lots of compliments on them nobody would have guessed they were made to be lower calorie!!
This discussion has been closed.