HELP

Options
So my fiance and i, we are both over weight. Me being a little more then him. We recently bought a recreational vehicle, But were both over weight and i'm into eating healthy and SOMEWHAT working out. But he isn't into eating healthy or working out.. What can i do to try and help him become healthier .

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You can't make people do things they do not want to do. That's life. So, lead by example.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You can't. Just focus on yourself.
  • weesalouisa25
    weesalouisa25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Leading by example really is the only thing you can do, although I know your intensions are good. Sometimes when people see us trying harder to get hem to do something or enjoy something they currently don't it can push them away further... simply live your life how makes you happy and healthy.
    He may on his own see a difference in your energy, personality, etc and decide for himself he wants that too. .
  • pawp11
    pawp11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going with the lead by example thing. While I am heavier than my husband, he has more health issues that losing weight would improve. For now, he isn't attempting to lose weight, but the more healthy meals I prepare, the more healthy snacks that are in the house, the more often I exercise, the more often I reach for a water rather than a soda, the more likely he will begin to lose as well.

Each time I celebrate losing a pound, losing a clothes size, feeling less pain, being able to do something with the kids, he can't help but want the same! Happiness is contagious!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a skinny couch potato. But I'm the one who cooks all the meals, so he's forced to eat healthy. He still has his stash of cookies and potato chips hidden somewhere in the house, but I can only make him so healthy. I also can get him to go on walks with me since I've had a lot of strange guys approach me when I walk through the park alone. One day he went off the trail to tie his shoe on a table, and a dude came right up to me asking me out. I got lucky that he's a protective one. It helps get him outside to blow the stink off him.