Food ideas!!??

I am looking for foods low in carbs, and high in protein. I would like it if they tasted decent.. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Replies

• KJensen34
    KJensen34 Posts: 22 Member
    Any meat(whole, sliced, or ground): Chicken, tuna, beef, turkey, salmon, bison, etc.
    Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, etc.
    Misc Snacks: Eggs, beef jerky, cottage cheese, slicing cheese, greek yogurt, peanut butter
  • Thanks, do you happen to know of any quick foods to make?? That would be my real struggle lol...
  • KJensen34
    What works for me is to prepare stuff on the weekends. I like to boil a dozen or two eggs on the weekend so I can grab a few as a quick meal throughout the week. I also make a pound or two of beef jerky and measure out 1 ounce portions into baggies so I can just grab one or two to throw into my stuff for the day. Other ideas is cook all your chicken breasts for the week, big pot of chili measured out to individual containers etc. etc.

If I don't have time for whatever reason on the weekends or during the weeknight. I make sure to buy a bunch of cottage cheese, almonds, sliced cheese, and greek yogurt. I bought a bunch of cheap measuring cups so I can simply store a 1/4 or 1/2 cup in each of the cottage cheese/greek yogurt containers for easy access, and it simple to count out almonds or other types of nuts.

Really comes down to figuring out a system for your particular schedule/life and doing it. Best advice is to just start doing it! You'll start seeing easy modifications that make sense in your situation after a week or two.
  • Eggs stay good that long cooked?? Do you frieze them?? @KJensen34‌
  • KJensen34
    Jeff, yes, hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator will last 7 days in-shell or 5 days peeled in an airtight container. They shouldn't be kept at room temperature for more than a couple hours though, so if you don't eat them for breakfast, make sure you have a good lunchbox or refrigerator at work you can put them in if you're planning on having them later in the day. I would not recommend freezing them as I think it would change the texture too much and be gross.
  • Okay cool, thanks @KJensen34‌