Digestion issues related to shirataki noodles?

Hey guys!

About two weeks ago I discovered shirataki noodles and have been eating them at least once a day-- usually for dinner. I don't eat the House Food tofu variation of shirataki-- simply the standard 0 calorie yam noodles found at my local Asian grocer.

Moreover, I've noticed that they've made me constipated (sorry...) despite my efforts to drink 2L of water a day. Upon googling extensively, I've read mostly that shirataki noodles help people alleviate constipation. I'm beginning to wonder if the almost constant discomfort is worth the fact they're calorie free.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Thanks!

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    I've noticed in general when I started to eat healthier foods that my body revolted by being constipated (dunno why)

I found eating foods full of fiber , drinking water, and tea with each meal helped me.

that or add some Metamucil to your shakes (if you drink some)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Hey guys!

About two weeks ago I discovered shirataki noodles and have been eating them at least once a day-- usually for dinner. I don't eat the House Food tofu variation of shirataki-- simply the standard 0 calorie yam noodles found at my local Asian grocer.

Moreover, I've noticed that they've made me constipated (sorry...) despite my efforts to drink 2L of water a day. Upon googling extensively, I've read mostly that shirataki noodles help people alleviate constipation. I'm beginning to wonder if the almost constant discomfort is worth the fact they're calorie free.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Thanks!

That is your body telling you to stay away from that garbage, and why would you continue eating them everyday if they lead to discomfort?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    LOL it's a plant based noodle with oodles of fiber! I'm actually surprised it's not doing the opposite, though, I've heard that too much fiber can constipate, too.

eta: Never tried them, but don't have the desire. I saw a pic of them and they looked gross to me. Too glossy and slimy looking. I had googled them and saw how much fiber they have and can make you gassy. My friend was raving about them... I'll stick with regular noodles.