Lower cal junk foods

hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
I bought some of those Keebler fudge cookies because I just thought of them last night and wanted them. 2 little cookies have 170 calories, so that's disappointing! Just looking for ideas on sweet type junk food crap without a HUGE amount of calories. Thanks!

Replies

• abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    For lower cal cookies, I love the pizzelle waffle cookies.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Wtf is junk food crap? Serious question. I don't eat junk or crap... Both sound pretty unappetizing
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Check out Skinny Cow ice cream. My go-to snack.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    I like the pizzelle waffle cookies, too.
    Fiber 1 has some low cal and tasty treats. I haven't tried but heard that their brownies are delicious. I recently tried the Lemon bars and they were nice.
    There are some tasty, fairly low cal (130-ish) granola/trail mix bars out there with dried fruit for sweetness. True To Nature bars come to mind (although there are countless options). I look for the ones higher in fiber and lower in sugar.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I got these on a whim and they are delightful.
    Chocolate-Wafers-250x121.jpg

160 calories for four wafers.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I buy stuff from Lenny & Larry's and The Protein Bakery. Then I tell myself at least it has higher protein. :smile:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Wtf is junk food crap? Serious question. I don't eat junk or crap... Both sound pretty unappetizing
    You know, you say that's a serious question but somehow I don't think it is. "Junk food" is a common term
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member

I'm really not trying to start an internet fight or anything, but I call BS. Your profile says you topped out at 190 lbs. You don't get to 190 lbs at 5'3.5" by eating "not-junk-food" all the time. Clearly, you've stopped eating the "food you don't call junk food" as apparent by your flat stomach, so kudos to you, and I mean that. But let's be supportive of everyone.

OP, when I feel like snacking (and I'm not eating under 200g of carbs a day), I eat 1 cup of unbuttered, unsalted popcorn with a half a teaspoon of Mrs. Dash.

I know this isn't "junk food", but sometimes I slice up cucumbers and sprinkle paprika on them. It sounds weird, but the combination almost reminds me of BBQ chips; keeps my cravings at bay.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I've also learned that for me, I want volume when I'm snacky. So my two go-to's are popcorn (I found this caramel popcorn that is drizzled with chocolate - a pretty big serving can be around 120-150 calories) or I'll take vanilla Greek yogurt and mix it with protein powder and throw in some sugar free chocolate chips and walnuts.
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    I like raspberry sorbet when I want something sweet. You just need to watch the sugar.
  • 135by60
    135by60 Posts: 21 Member
    I love K pastry crisps. They are yummy. The fruit crisps are good too.
    I like the Fibre 1 brownies and the lemon bars.
    I also eat a ton of fruit with Light Cool Whip. Or with frozen yogurt. Or both haha.
    I like the Yoplait Source lemon Meringue yogurt. I want to try some of their other dessert ones too. I was thinking of crumbling a graham cracker into the lemon meringue and topping it with some cool whip. Yummmmm
    I like the Dare Breton Popped bbq crackers. Tastes like bbq potato chips. The Pepperidge farm baked crackers are pretty good too.
  • Phoenix_Down
    edited February 2015

I'm really not trying to start an internet fight or anything, but I call BS. Your profile says you topped out at 190 lbs. You don't get to 190 lbs at 5'3.5" by eating "not-junk-food" all the time. Clearly, you've stopped eating the "food you don't call junk food" as apparent by your flat stomach, so kudos to you, and I mean that. But let's be supportive of everyone.

OP, when I feel like snacking (and I'm not eating under 200g of carbs a day), I eat 1 cup of unbuttered, unsalted popcorn with a half a teaspoon of Mrs. Dash.

I know this isn't "junk food", but sometimes I slice up cucumbers and sprinkle paprika on them. It sounds weird, but the combination almost reminds me of BBQ chips; keeps my cravings at bay.

Oh, it's fine you question what I eat but would it shock you that I still achieved this while eating all the foods I used to eat, I just learned how to portion them and make them fit into my day, while still being mindful of my nutrient requirements.

It is a huge misconception that fast food, candy, ice cream, etc are what causes weight gain, when in reality it is just overconsumption of foods in general. Not this "good food, bad food " mumbo jumbo.

It's also a fair question, as I don't label foods the same and I try to get people to think of foods in terms of nutrient density and not labels. Not a fight, a clarification and I'll admit I should have typed this out in my original post =)

ETA : What I mean to say is that there are bad diets but no bad foods. How you fit those foods into your diet is what determines if they are good or bad.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    edited February 2015
    There's always one or two people in every thread where someone uses the term 'healthy' or 'junk food' or the like to try to point out that there is no 'bad' food and 'healthy' is relative.

But junk food is a pretty common term, and I'm pretty sure we all know what the OP means when she asks for junk food crap.
  • 135by60
    135by60 Posts: 21 Member
    I eat a lot of junk. But I eat a lot of good stuff too. I'm trying to find what will work for me long-term, as in , the rest of my life. And I enjoy treats so I needed to find a way to have them.
    I too lol'd at *what is junk food?* Please.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    and my contribution- skinny cow or special k or vita tops!
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member

Thanks for calling this out. I hate seeing comments from people who try to act like they are better than every one else on MFP.

For the record, Phoenix, in case you are truly not familiar with the term, junk food refers to the 6 cookies you ate yesterday. I am personally of the belief that it is okay to indulge so I don't like to label food as junk - gives it too much power - but come on you know what she meant. Next time offer helpful feedback or say nothing. No need for rudeness!
  • Phoenix_Down
    lizzocat wrote: »
    There's always one or two people in every thread where someone uses the term 'healthy' or 'junk food' or the like to try to point out that there is no 'bad' food and 'healthy' is relative.

But junk food is a pretty common term, and I'm pretty sure we all know what the OP means when she asks for junk food crap.

So it's not right for someone to explain why foods are just food? We should just continue to label and chastise food based on misconceptions then, huh? Seems fair.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    edited February 2015
    Pretzel Crisps. 110 calories in 11 of them. Dipped in PBFit or PB2 - or if I have available calories, a little onion & chive cream cheese.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    darefoods.com/ca_en/product/Dare-Cookie-Chips-Sea-Salted-Caramel/323

These aren't too bad. How about a Fibre One brownie at 90 cals? Skinny Cow or Thinsations are good.
  • Phoenix_Down
    edited February 2015

Thanks for calling this out. I hate seeing comments from people who try to act like they are better than every one else on MFP.

For the record, Phoenix, in case you are truly not familiar with the term, junk food refers to the 6 cookies you ate yesterday. I am personally of the belief that it is okay to indulge so I don't like to label food as junk - gives it too much power - but come on you know what she meant. Next time offer helpful feedback or say nothing. No need for rudeness!

I dunno, I still met my nutrient requirements. So, they kind of weren't junk for my diet. /shrugs

Also, support comes in many forms. Not just the rainbow, sunshine, kisses kind. I don't label foods, so it was an honest response and reaction. Sorry you didn't like it.