Alkalinity, A Weight Loss Experiment

Options
I have begun research on alkalizing the body after observing so many influential people moving to plant-based diets, which reduce acidosis. Acidosis is considered by many experts to be the cause of most human diseases, including obesity. I will share some of these experts as I progress with my experimentation.

It is their considered opinion that the body works to maintain an optimal pH by removing excess acids by placing them in fat cells, along with fat to reduce the concentration of the acids. Hence, we gain weight when we eat too many foods that contain larger amounts of acid. The American diet is typically filled with about 45% of its calories coming from animal products. This adds a lot of acid to the body that must be dealt with in order to keep the body as healthy as possible, in homeostasis.

It is currently my belief that foods high in calcium, magnesium, and potassium help to buffer the acids from other foods, particularly animal foods. Here is where my experimentation begins. I am adding more and more foods that are high in potassium and these other buffers, particularly fruits and vegetables in order to see what effect they have on alkalizing my body and reducing my fat stores. Initially, my goal is to work up to 5 cups of fruit and vegetables per day, while reducing somewhat the amount of animal sources of food that I eat.

I would appreciate anyone posting here that has tried adding more fruit and vegetables to their diets and the results they have obtained. Has anyone tried eating fewer animal products along with any weight loss success?

Replies

• petrinasupler
    petrinasupler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to read "eat to live" by Joel Fuhrman he's already completed the research and can fully explain better than I how the body is affected by certain types of foods, including animal products. It's become my health bible.