No Weight loss doing insanity

Options

Replies

• parasshelawala
    parasshelawala Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am in the last week of Insanity and for the first 7 weeks I saw almost no change on the scale but I could tell my clothing got looser and my scale showed a lower body fat %. When I got into the last two weeks it got a lot harder and the scales started showing a net weight loss as well. Stick with it and track your food as best you can!
  • labradorlover03
    labradorlover03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more.
  • mahoganybrowne
    mahoganybrowne Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    wheelsjad wrote: »
    ^
    Have to disagree, it definitely works if you commit to it

pd60aqnd70i4.jpg

That was the first time I ever did Insanity...I ate right, measured my food with a scale (still had fun with friends, ate out, had beers) did the work outs every day and I saw results the whole time I was doing the program.

12/24/2012-205lbs
    1/2/2013-198
    1/7/2013-197
    1/9/2013-194.4
    1/15/2013-192.5
    1/22/2013-192
    1/28/2013-190.5
    2/1/2013 -189.2
    2/12/2013-187.4
    2/13/2013-186.3
    2/27/2013-185.4
    3/6/2013 -184
    3/22/2013-183lbs

I am one week into doing the program again as we speak...trying to get ready for a 1/2 marathon in may...

No I am not a coach, just someone who found success with this program...I am in better shape in my late 20's going on 30 than I ever was my entire life. You have to prioritize and commit, simple as that

I see your progress and I like it, impressive... but for women, losing weight is different. We have to do much more cardio than men. But you're looking good tho...
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yikes. This got intense fast.

Good for you, but what works for you might not work for other people. What you can afford, others might not be able to afford. What you have time for might not be what others have time for (your priorities may be different). Your health and abilities might not be the same as someone else's. Do I need to keep going? Running and weight lifting are not the ONLY options, nor are they the only kinds of exercise that aid in the weight loss process.

Edit: Spelling.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    You said that people should breathe while working out...so it follows that you don't think breathing is important while not working out. It's basic logic for sane people though so no worries if you're confused.

Oh... you made a corny joke... ok... lol.

I was trying to gently suggest that you are sounding crazy right now.

• DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @mahoganybrowne, What is up with YOUR NEED to CONSTANTLY use capitalization to express EMPHASIS on what you're TRYING to convey?????

Calm down, shorty
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The all-caps makes us believe your opinion more...

LOL, this^^
  • mahoganybrowne
    Options
    Well... I'm 165... I'll be 155 in a couple weeks so I'm good... @ChillyUK‌ , your friends here seem to want to run me off of this post so I'm gone... If you need me, just send me a message hun... cheers!
  • mahoganybrowne
    Options
    8grkq413mjna.jpg

tjx38jucklj7.jpg

This is what running and simply working out in my front yard did for me... WITHOUT a gym membership or spending $100 of dollars on a DVD... js...
  • ChillyUK
    Options
    Thanks for the relies. I will keep going and see what happens. Two more days of recovery and then I start month 2. I will give it my best shot. I get meal ideas from the nutrition book and I weigh my food and count my calories.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    All that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit. Go about it anyway you like. Do no exercise or do all the exercise.

It's good to minimize muscle loss by eating adequate protein and lifting heavy.

That's all.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    8grkq413mjna.jpg

tjx38jucklj7.jpg

This is what running and simply working out in my front yard did for me... WITHOUT a gym membership or spending $100 of dollars on a DVD... js...

Yes, that's what a calorie deficit will do for weight loss.

Good job.

Can you please stop shouting! There's plenty of ways of creating a deficit.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I can't read all the shouty stuff but agree with the above. For fat loss focus on the calories and create a deficit that way. I think Insanity is a great programme for fitness and strength so look on it for those reasons and not to lose fat. Adding some weights work will help although there is a good bunch of body weight stuff in Insanity.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All of those capitals have given me a headache...
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    but for women, losing weight is different. We have to do much more cardio than men. But you're looking good tho...

You can lose fat without doing a lick of cardio. Men or women can. Yes, there are differences in how they store and lose weight making it more challenging for women (primarily due to hormones). But to think you have to do chronic cardio to change your body is nonsense.

What you eat and how much you eat determines your body fat. Cardio and weight lifting help you meet other fitness goals (and complement good eating).
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Well... my advice to you is... TURN THE TV OFF, open the DVD Player, take out the Insanity DVD and THROW IT OUT OF THE WINDOW!!! Why? Because DVDs NEVER work, IN MY OPINION.
    The fact that you even have the option to workout at home and pause a DVD is a clear set up for failure right there.
    Don't get me wrong, the workouts IN this and p90x are awesome... however, they are ONLY for demonstration purposes to give people an IDEA of what exercises to do (noone really catches on to this, therefore they waist their money and their time, get bored and lose interest when they don't see the results "AS SEEN ON TV"), but if you think following along with this everyday is going to help, I don't think so...

If you're looking to EFFECTIVELY lose weight... RUN OUTSIDE! ITS THE BEST WAY FOR CARDO! You will lose more faster and fell much better while breathing FRESH AIR instead of THE DUST IN YOUR HOUSE ANYWAY.

AND LIFT WEIGHTS! Lifting weights helps you burn faster as well... Again, do the exercises in the video for STRENGHTENING PURPOSES, but only use this DVD as a guide to exercises you want to do to work on CERTAIN AREAS... not to lose weight honey...

Hope this helps!

There's an equal chance of quitting a workout while running around as there is stopping a dvd. Actually, there's a greater chance that I would finish a dvd in comparison to a run. I hate running. I also have a toddler..and that alone makes a workout video or lifting in my own house a better option for me. It's been about -8 degrees here..so going outside of my 'dusty' house to run isn't happening.

Maybe it's a better option for the OP as well and that's why she's doing it?

Just because you enjoy the way you work out and dislike dvds..does not mean everyone will feel the same.

OP, are you weighing and measuring your food to ensure you're eating 1500? If you haven't already, calculate your TDEE as sedentary (if you have a desk job) or lightly active. Give yourself a 15-20% deficit. When you workout, either wear a heart rate monitor or calculate your burn some other way. Eat back around half of those calories. That's what works for me. Days I don't exercise, I eat 12-1400 calories. Days I do, I wear my hrm and eat back half..sometimes more if I'm hungry.

Stick with it. I haven't done insanity in years..but had good results when I did. I lost about 18lbs doing PiYO, and eating at a deficit, a few months ago. Eat less and move in a way you enjoy. :) good luck.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I much prefer workout DVDs or classes to anything else. If I don't follow a set DVD programme I find I'm much more likely to give up or lose motivation. I am currently following Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and when I'm done I'll do a hybrid of Insanity max 30 and Chalean Extreme as I like weight training too. I also go to Pilates once a week, go walking most days and use the gym machines for cardio.

I absolutely hate running and prefer walking with company so the methods I use are the ones which work best for me and motivate me to continue.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Are you saying that PEOPLE should not breathe WHILE not working OUT?

just ignore it …trust me….

the last thread this poster came into got locked down quick...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - do you use a food scale and weight all your solid foods?

the method that you choose to work out has nothing to do with weight loss. diet and calorie deficit will determine rate of weight loss. You can't out train a calorie surplus.
  • ndj1979
    edited February 2015
    Options
    8grkq413mjna.jpg

tjx38jucklj7.jpg

I AM GLAD THIS WORKED FOR YOU. EVERYONE IS NOT YOU…

WHY AM I TYPING IN ALL CAPS, THIS IS VERY ANNOYING. MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!