Too many carbs?

Options
According to MFP, I am going over my "goal" of carbohydrate intake. Is this a bad thing? I am still eating within my allotted calories each day. I have been dieting for the last two weeks and have been seeing results consistenly, but I don't want it to catch up with me in the end because of over carbing. It's very hard for me to completely cut out breads from my diet. I have a sandwich everyday because I feel like it's "normal" and I am not trying to over do it this time around. Another thing is I honestly don't know what else to eat at times to meet my calorie intake but still consider it a healthy meal.

What do you think? Suggestions?

Replies

• BULLET9992
    BULLET9992 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can adjust your macro goals under the goals tab in the side bar. U set mine for
    40% carbs
    35% protein
    25% fat
    If I go under or over my some I'm fine as long as I'm still at a caloric deficit
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You sound very sensible :)

You can safely ignore all information about macros if you don't know what they mean or why it's important. Just try to eat a nutritionally balanced diet with a variety of foods and plenty of fruit/vegetables. Whatever keeps you in your calorie limit is fine for weight loss. The most important thing is that your plan is sustainable, meaning you like what you're eating and you're not too hungry.

If you do find you struggle with hunger, many people find it helps to decrease carbs and increase protein. But if that's not a problem for you, don't worry about it.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's only a bad thing in the sense that if you're under your calorie goal, and you're over your carb goal, that means you're either under your protein goal or under your fat goal, or both, which is not good. Protein and fat are more important than carbs to body composition and overall health, so you want to be hitting those goals.