31 Year old Mom, looking to lose 50-60lbs. (open dairy)

Hello--- So here's my story.

I'm 5"0. I have been thin most of my life. Ranging anywhere from 105-125 up until I was about 28. I would love to say I am not sure what happened....but I do. I've eaten pretty much anything I wanted all my life, and it has been on the bad side at times. However for the most part it was still somewhat good. (side note, I do have 3 kids, and they range it ages...12,9, and 2 so it was not from a baby where the weight came from) At 28 I was introduced to craft beers (YUM) I fell in love with them....wanted to try them all, and ontop of drinking all those lovely beers, I was also head over heels in love with Pasta, you name it and I could cook up amazing dishes that involved pasta. So it went from me eating somewhat good to eating and drinking horrible,yet delicious foods. I quickly went from 125 to 145, and I stayed around 145 until I was pregnant with my last child, and I gained some more weight about 160ish, and after I had her I went down to 155ish.

So here I was 31 years old, and 155ish...I stopped drink the craft beer, because something strange happened and I no longer could drink it. My face would turn beat red, and was hot to the touch. But still was eating lots of pasta and now I was drinking soda, which I never did before. So I first stopped with the soda, that seemed to help a little with the weight, but not enough.....

My final stand! It was a normal day and I decided to get on the scale, and the read 160 for the 1st time!!! I could not believe it! Here I am 5 foot even, and 160! I was in shock and disgust. I decided to do something about it. Time to get serious! I started running and working out, and increased my water intake to 8-12 glasses a day ( still trying for more ) ...I did this for about 2 1/2 weeks. The next thing I wanted to do was change how I eat, so I went out and bought all new foods, and did lots of research on what I should be eating to stay full ( hate being hungry)...and came across MFP. I have been on here almost 2 weeks now, and it is helping me soooo much.

I have already lost 7 lbs!!! Woohooo! Happy Dance! I have an open dairy, so if you need ideas from food you can get it from me, and I will always offer feedback and advice when asked. Feel Free to add me and we can get through this weight loss journey together!

Good luck to everyone, you CAN do it! You just have to find the right foods to eat! :smiley: