Low Cal Breakfast Recipes

Options
im_simply_karen
im_simply_karen Posts: 50 Member
Im running out of low cal things to eat for breakfast. Any ideas? thanks :)

Replies

• katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Omelette cups, homemade breakfast sandwiches made with bagel thins/ low cal English muffins, low cal breakfast bowls( turkey sausage/bacon, egg whites, and obrien potatoes) are a few options.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I like to get between 400 cals and 500 cals in my morning to sustain me. I save low cal for snacks.

Oatmeal and yogurt with some dried fruit is my latest fave. Or have an omelet with vegetables.
  • im_simply_karen
    Options
    thanks so much :) I've been eating some homemade parfaits that consist of Greek yogurt, fruit and granola (130 cal) but I'm kinda getting tired of them. those ideas sound really good :)
  • im_simply_karen
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I like to get between 400 cals and 500 cals in my morning to sustain me. I save low cal for snacks.

Oatmeal and yogurt with some dried fruit is my latest fave. Or have an omelet with vegetables.

thanks. I'll definitely try the omelet with veggies :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How many calories would you like to allocate to breakfast?

Eggs are your friend, egg whites even better. Scramble one whole egg and one white with whatever veg you have to hand-probably around 100 for the lot.
  • im_simply_karen
    Options
    How many calories would you like to allocate to breakfast?

Eggs are your friend, egg whites even better. Scramble one whole egg and one white with whatever veg you have to hand-probably around 100 for the lot.

thanks :) I try to stay between 100-250 cal for breakfast. I'll definitely start eating egg whites with veggies.
  • keithb0522
    keithb0522 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Omletes are great. I only use eggwhites. But the flavor gets old. Add fat free feta, or fat free mozzarella or even a couple drops of hot sauce to egg whites. These little tweaks make the same thing taste different.

I find dieting gets old because the flavor profiles are the same everyday. If you stay that low in calories you eat like me and you know what I'm saying. Lol

I rarely eat a meal over 300 calories
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • im_simply_karen
    Options
    keithb0522 wrote: »
    Omletes are great. I only use eggwhites. But the flavor gets old. Add fat free feta, or fat free mozzarella or even a couple drops of hot sauce to egg whites. These little tweaks make the same thing taste different.

I find dieting gets old because the flavor profiles are the same everyday. If you stay that low in calories you eat like me and you know what I'm saying. Lol

I rarely eat a meal over 300 calories

yep that's exactly how I am :) and that's a really good idea to add a little hot sauce. sounds great. thanks
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Casey's creations are totally worth following on instagram, wholeandhealthy.

http://www.caseys-wholesome-kitchen.com/
  • keithb0522
    keithb0522 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try this too it's yummy and 223 calories

Breakfast english muffin

I have a small round egg pan (big lots) make 2 egg whites.
    When done I take off heat and put small amount of fat free mozzarella to start meting
    2 pieces turkey bacon
    1 toasted whole wheat english muffin

I had this today. So good
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been using some home-made oatmeal packets. I stole part of the recipe from http://www.theyummylife.com/Instant_Oatmeal_Packets and replaced the powdered milk with a vanilla whey protein powder, mix in some freeze dried fruit or a fresh banana and should put you in the 300-400 calorie range. I don't add any additional sweetener to mine. I've got them saved in my database at just under 300 calories without much fruit in them. they are easy to make in bulk and take to work in advance and very fulfilling.
  • erintinsley
    erintinsley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here is my go to breakfast: 1 "fried" egg (cooked with coconut oil spray), 1 trader joes chicken sausage (jalepeno is my favorite) and half a banana. Simple, fast and filling
  • suemarie2015
    Options
    :) thank you
    One of my favourite breakfasts is some defrosted mixed berries in bottom of a glass, a layer of oats , top with a few spoonfuls of fat free yogurt and repeat. Use. Only half a cup of oats, 1 cup offices berries and 1 200g pot fat free yogurt. Make it up the night before and leave in fridge . Very filling xx