Parlor Pizza.

Options
My fiance works at a family owned pizza parlor. I really like the pizza from there, but I never know what to count it as calorie wise. Usually we just get thin crust with cheese and sausage. The place he works for cuts it in squares, not triangles (pie cut, I guess that's called?) so I don't know which entry to use. Lately I've just not been eating pizza from there.

Since I can't give up pizza forever and ever (that would be so unrealistic lol) does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I would estimate. Do your best guess.
  • octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What does your fiancé do there? Maybe he find the nutrition content since he works there. Or at least how much of the toppings and cheese are used in each pizza.

As far as the slices go, can you estimate based on % of whole pizza eaten. If it is just you and your fiancé eating, split the pizza in half and see how much you eat of your half (eg. I ate 1/2 of my half or 1/4 of a pizza) . Then if you didn't get info from your fiancé you can at least compare it to other pizzas, based off the percentage of a pizza a slice is (such as 1/8) and give your fiancé the rest of the pizza.

Did any of that make sense? Anyways, it's what I do.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    octhawk wrote: »
    What does your fiancé do there? Maybe he find the nutrition content since he works there. Or at least how much of the toppings and cheese are used in each pizza.

As far as the slices go, can you estimate based on % of whole pizza eaten. If it is just you and your fiancé eating, split the pizza in half and see how much you eat of your half (eg. I ate 1/2 of my half or 1/4 of a pizza) . Then if you didn't get info from your fiancé you can at least compare it to other pizzas, based off the percentage of a pizza a slice is (such as 1/8) and give your fiancé the rest of the pizza.

Did any of that make sense? Anyways, it's what I do.

That would make sense. See, the problem is that he and I can split a large pizza in between the two of us. I think if we were going to have to try this method we'd have to order a small pizza to split it. I've tried to have him look for nutrition info there and he basically can't find anything, lol. I think a small pizza is 10'' and a medium is 12'' at their place.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What I do is find a similar type national chain place, like Pizza Hut or Dominos, that does have nutritional information and use that. Tonight I had a 6" pizza from Pizza Delight and used info from Pizza Hut for a similar personal pan pizza.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mindy, I treat myself to the most wonderful "Trenton Tomato Pie" every month or so at my favorite old-time pizza parlor (DeLorenzo's in Trenton, NJ). It's a very thin, crispy crust and I always get it with pepperoni & green peppers (no extra cheese). I always order a small (personal size) and eat most of it. I figured out a long time ago that it's probably *about* 800 calories. Could it be 900? or even (gasp!) 1000? maybe. But it's usually the only meal I eat that day, so I figure I can live with that. It's definitely worth it. :D
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Mindy, I treat myself to the most wonderful "Trenton Tomato Pie" every month or so at my favorite old-time pizza parlor (DeLorenzo's in Trenton, NJ). It's a very thin, crispy crust and I always get it with pepperoni & green peppers (no extra cheese). I always order a small (personal size) and eat most of it. I figured out a long time ago that it's probably *about* 800 calories. Could it be 900? or even (gasp!) 1000? maybe. But it's usually the only meal I eat that day, so I figure I can live with that. It's definitely worth it. :D

That sounds good. I'm from the southside of Chicago, IL, and everyone of my friends here would make fun of me but I actually like thin crust better lol. If I was ordering a pizza just for myself I'd probably just get plain extra cheese. Since it's usually me and my fiance sharing a pizza we compromise (he normally likes tons of veggies on his) and end up with sausage and regular cheese (since he being a weirdo does not like extra cheese).