Have any of y'all eer heard of this?

Options
Has anybody ever heard of or done Medifast or Wonderslim? If so, what did you think of it?

thanks! -Heather

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Those programs consist of premade packaged foods. With only 25 lbs left to lose, I think you're better off learning to lose it with real food.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Expensive
  • Rachelatbeach
    Options
    I had a friend in NH who did Medifast years ago, under a Dr's direction. Lost 100 pounds, and gained it all back within 2 years. Not good. Boring.
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who are doing this, and a couple that are actually "Health Coaches" using the Medifast system. Wow...Its over $300 a month, and consists of mostly prepackaged and processed foods, and you still have to buy your own fresh stuff on top of what you purchase through them! I've never been a big fan of any type of processed food, we were not created to eat that stuff. :) I'm with the poster above me, lose the weight with real food and don't waste your money. My friends have lost a lot of weight on the program, but they were starting in at over 400 and 300lbs each!!! What happens when its time for maintaining weight and there is no real knowledge of how/what you should eat??? Just my opinion anyway
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with everyone else - don't waste your money. The weight will come off but likely go back on just as fast. I'm on a liquid diet until the end of the week (medical reasons) and I can't wait to reintroduce real foods again. I'm bored with these shakes and I don't even want to drink any more of them.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I think for some people it is a matter of convenience.

I did it the old fashioned way (more or less) on Weight Watchers and counting points. Before that, when I was in high school my mother put me on NutriSystem, and she would go to the meetings with me so she could learn better ways to cook for me. I kept that weight off for a long time. After college I got a little chunky with a desk job and new social life. I lost all that weight and kept it off for quite a few years until depression and a back injury sidelined my exercise and demolished my good eating habits. My back is better now, and my depression is much more manageable.

The problem I have is my reality, I don't have TIME to prepare, don't have time to spend hours at the grocery store looking for this or that, reading labels, I don't have time to weight, measure, and everything else necessary to eat healthy, count calories as well as cook for my family. I KNOW I need to take time for myself. With a family, full time job and be a full time student, my free time is pretty much null and void.

After much debate, and discussing things with my doctor, I ordered the WonderSlim program. Well, actually I did New LIfestyle Diet and purchased a few WonderSlim things from the other website that NLS did not offer. NLS gives me a personal weight loss coach and better coupons. Between the two companies I was able to get 6 weeks of food for $308 at some change. Thats 5 mini meals a day. I still get to eat one meal with my family. This WILL help me to not worry about points, calories, preparing, planning, cooking, and all the other time consuming things.

I figure by the time I graduate I will reaching goal and will then have the time to better prepare myself for maintenance and get back into the preparation of keeping the weight off. Been there, done that. Life is just different for me now than it was in the past.

It is perfectly healthy, the program does teach you about portion control, there is a 6 week maintenance program, and like I said, it has a personal coach with weekly lessons to help you along the way.

For ME this was a good choice since I am so short on time. For others it is a good choice for many of the same reasons or because they are just having difficulty losing weight.

There are a lot of people on here who do liquid meals or meal replacements.

Just because you might have a different opinion does not mean you should bash the product, plan, or person asking the question. I see a lot of that on these message boards and it makes me wonder if that is the reason why people don't come back to post.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I started WonderSlim 2 weeks ago and am down 5 pounds!