Craving Something Sweet

Options
2»

Replies

• ameliajane90
    ameliajane90 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sliced strawberries with low fat or fat free whipped cream! I also like dry cereal if I want crunchy sweets. Chocolate soy milk is great for chocolate cravings too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ice cream…one serving

breyers mint chocolate gelato is 150 cals per serving...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Marthy101 wrote: »
    I have a serious sweet tooth too! I often have something "bad" in controlled portions (i.e. chocolate candy). That's not really healthy/ clean, though. Sugar free Fudgdicles (40 cal ea) are good, a small box of chocolate yogurt raisins= 110 cal, and I'm going to try drizzling chocolate syrup (sugar free?) over a banana. Oh- and caramel or chocolate flavored rice cakes rock!

explain why that is 'bad' or not 'clean'...
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've started doing this thing lately with Fage yogurt. I get the Fage yogurt with strawberry (120 cals per serving). Then I take just a regular graham cracker or two (65 cals for one). I scoop some of the yogurt on a piece of graham cracker and then top it with a bit of the strawberry spread that comes with it. So yummy and lots of protein. Reminds me a bit of cheesecake.
  • paigeethridge
    paigeethridge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Either I do strawberries and whipped cream with 1/8 cup mini similar sweet morsals or 1tortilla with 1tbs nutella heated and rolled up (taste like chocolate glazed doughnut)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    28 M&M's= 100 calories yum yum
  • janmaret
    janmaret Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Frozen raspberries or a mixture of frozen berries put in a food processor add one container of 80 calorie greek yogurt and turn it on, before you know it you have berry soft serve ice cream!
  • daphodili
    Options
    Mix 2 Tbs. of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder w/ a snack size Vanilla Greek Yogurt cup. You may freeze it to make it more like FroYo (& de-thaw it when ready to eat) or enjoy as is. Only 100 calories!
  • auntlisashouse
    auntlisashouse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I add Stevia or one of "Jordan's Skinny Syrups" products to my food or drink to satisfy a sweet craving.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It may just be an age related thing in my case but all my tricks stopped working and my sugar/carb cravings kept coming back until about two weeks after I stopped eating them cold turkey and kept the number under 50 grams total daily. It seemed like for a long time every year my carb abuse just got worse until I dealt with the addiction head on when my management of carbs slipped out of my desire to control them. It is good that you all have solutions that still work for your cravings.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love the frozen banana slices with either pb or nutella, or both. Also love apple slices with pb and cinnamon. I really got into bananas with pb and dry powdered spirulina. Its such an odd but tasty combo. Take a creamy yogurt put in a ziplock bag and cut off a tiny piece of the corner and make dots on a slicone liner and freeze, it makes like frozen yogurt drops, kind of like dippin dotz.