Full Trigger?

Options
I think part of my problem is I do not know when I am full, until after I have eaten to much.

What works for others to slow down and eat slower, or smaller meals, or whatever.

Just need some tips and tricks to know when to stop.

BTW. This is not every meal, just more out at restaurants.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye on calories daily and it takes lots of practice. Practice moderation.
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How about asking for half your meal to be wrapped before you get it? Also drink a full glass of water before your meal arrives to help fill you up:)
    I also read the menu online before going to make sure I can order appropriately.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I work out before hand what I'm going to have before hand. I also don't pile my plate a mile high either.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I prelog everything, so I know exactly what I'm going to eat, before I eat it.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I never eat until I'm full anymore, otherwise I would be 40 lbs heavier, which I was when I did do that. I consume 3000 calories, mostly fatty protein and a ton of veg daily with fairly low percentage of starchy carbs (25% total carb) and that has pretty much put the breaks on over eating for me and I've maintained for 5 years with the periodic bulk/cut cycles.
  • ejuliano85
    ejuliano85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I prelog everything, so I know exactly what I'm going to eat, before I eat it.

I do this especially with my food I take to work. It helps me plan for what I am going to make for dinner too.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Very easy to do at a restaurant, with big portions of delicious treats! I pre-log whenever possible when we dine out. Check the menu and nutrition online, and determine what I'm going to have and how much of it to stay within goal. Often I will divide my meal in half as soon as it is set before me, eat half now, take the other half home. Or I split it with hubby - saves money and overeating!

And I always order water. Or a margarita. Haha - if I have the cals, that is!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I find eating slower helps. Like say I'm having pizza, eat it over 15 min or 30 instead of wolfing it down in 5.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think part of my problem is I do not know when I am full, until after I have eaten to much.

What works for others to slow down and eat slower, or smaller meals, or whatever.

Just need some tips and tricks to know when to stop.

BTW. This is not every meal, just more out at restaurants.

I was the same. I always ate till I was stuffed and couldn't fit another thing in!
    I just taught myself to eat much slower, and learn to recognise the difference between satisfied and full. What also helped is swapping big dinner plates to a smaller bread plate. You can always go back for seconds if you want. Also I realised that being a bit hungry isn't going to kill me

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Take half and package the rest. Avoid endless bread bowls. Eat with chopsticks. Little bites with lots of chewing. If you make it to 20 minutes your hunger signals should kick in.
  • daynation
    daynation Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!