New and Confused

Options
maryamn4
maryamn4 Posts: 21 Member
Why do I weigh more @ night than I the mornings? Which weight do I use for progress?

Replies

• abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am no expert at all. But I think it's because you eat throughout the day so that's why you weigh more at night. Use the morning weight, but be consistent with only doing mornings if you decide to do that. The night weight might fluctuate based on what you ate that day
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Because food and fluid taken in all day long is still in your system. Weigh in at the same time everyday. You pick the time but be consistent.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I get up in the morning, go to the bathroom, then weigh myself. That way I have eaten nothing that could change my weight in any way. Think about - 250mls (1 cup) of water is 250g weight - just having a glass of water will put you up!
  • maryamn4
    maryamn4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone !
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Your body weight will fluctuate during the day, dependent on a lot of things (how much you're eating, what you're eating, water retention from carbs, sodium, or even how you exercise). Weigh yourself at the same time every day, under the same conditions (if you can). So like when you get up in the morning, for example.