I need some insight PLEASE!

Options
Hi!
I've been trying to maintain for awhile. Was eating 1700-1900 and doing so, but with stress slipped to 1500-1700 since about late November. I have lost around 2-3 pounds since then... Should I go back to my pervious calorie amount or will I now gain on that? If so, should I increase all at once or in increments?
I am a college student and walk anywhere from 2.75-4.25 miles a day from going to class, grocery shopping, etc. I also do basic chores everyday like clean my dorm, laundry etc.
I don't exercise other than that, however I find out of a 16 hour day I'm on my feet for maybe 4-6 hours.
Any insight? I'm pretty confused!
Anyone have any success stories from upping calories after restricting for a while?

Replies

• Tamarah1818
    Tamarah1818 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have literally doubled my calorie intake overnight for the past week. I am trying to gain 6 pounds and went from ~900 to 1800 calories. I am lifting weights 3 days a week. I am petite and I feel like I am stuffing myself but it is all very healthy food.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you were maintaining on 1700-1900 a couple pounds lower weight shouldn't make a difference. You should still be maintaining on that, or worst case scenario you'll put the 2lb back on, which if you were at a happy weight for you back then really isn't the end of the world.
  • buckybaby1981
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and between 103-105 pounds. I'm underweight but I'm maintaining my body weight. I feel best at the weight I am. So whatever you feel healthiest at. That is the goal you should reach
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to your previous maintenance, stick with that for a few weeks and see where you are. Maintenance can shift over time if your activity level changes, but it's a good starting place.