Caffeine fiend

Options
I'm on meds that make me tired but I'm always drinking caffeinated drinks to combat problem.... Any other smarter choices or food choices??

Replies

• keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am also on meds that make me tired (topirimate) I used to drink diet coke to combat the effects but stopped. It sucked in the beginning but I drink lots of water and find exercise helps too. I also need 9 or10 hours of sleep a night. Not sure if that helps at all. Good Luck.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I just read in women's health magazine that an apple in the morning will wake you up and keep you awake longer than coffee. I'm not sure if this would work for you since the medicine is directly making you sleepy.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just read in women's health magazine that an apple in the morning will wake you up and keep you awake longer than coffee. I'm not sure if this would work for you since the medicine is directly making you sleepy.

Yeah, I tried that apple thing and it didn't work at all. Caffeine may actually be good for you, so I'd just stick with that. Just make sure you adapt to drinking black coffee instead of sugar laden energy drinks.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    delete, double post
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »

Yeah, I tried that apple thing and it didn't work at all. Caffeine may actually be good for you, so I'd just stick with that. Just make sure you adapt to drinking black coffee instead of sugar laden energy drinks.

I tried it too, and it just made me have to go to the bathroom. But I don't really have a problem with staying awake since I have really bad ADHD.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It's ok to drink caffeine, just make smart choices about it.
    -Black coffee (or coffee with minimal sugar and cream. If you do use sugar and cream, weigh it out and log all of it.)
    -Black or green tea
    -Diet sodas (not my first suggestion/personal choice, but it is a zero calorie option. I know people who have lost weight drinking diet soda everyday.)
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my preferred method of getting the caffeine in. It also has potassium.

I'll drink diet soda occasionally..but that's more for sweetness than caffeine.

Maybe try a pill? Id rather just drink coffee.