water intake vs exercising?

Options
so I've been jogging at least 2 miles every day for the past 2 weeks, and have developed an unending thirst for water. Is there some connection there between jogging and being thirsty and dry mouthed the rest of the day? I never had this problem before I started jogging regularly...

Replies

• R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that when you run you sweat, are you hydrating yourself to compensate for that?
  • symplestytches
    symplestytches Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Xxxcxx
  • symplestytches
    symplestytches Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's what I would figure, but I'm thirsty the rest of the day, like I go through 4-5 24oz bottles at work, then two more tall glasses at home... I don't bring water with me while I am jogging, maybe I should start doing that.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes. If you are really concerned, go for a check up.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I also drink several bottles of water a day, often over a gallon spread out over the day. If you're thirsty drink the water, your body knows what it's doing :-)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    The Daoist Sage says: ‘the greatest miracle is this: when hungry I eat, when tired I sleep’
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I drink sooo much more now that I exercise.

I think its partly you are sweating but I also I think it helps your body flush out the bad stuff in your system.. We are suppose to drink like 64 oz of water a day so maybe your body is coming back into balance.