Quick question about caffeine . . .

Options
How does caffeine affect your metabolism?? I feel like this is a dumb question that has an obvious answer but I cant decide . . . .

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Can't remember where I read this . . . but apparently caffeine can aid in slowing your metabolism, or prevent you from burning calories as effectivly . . . it is recommended not to consume much. I've gone down to 2 small cups of coffee in the morning and absolutely nothing else with caffeine otherwise. Just as with anything else . . . moderation is key I guess.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Actually, caffeine speeds up your metabolism. However, it is often paired with tons of sugar and processed junk (think sodas and gourmet coffees) which is BAD. Also, too much caffeine can be bad for people with heart problems.
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Caffeen Reduces. Your
    appitite and raises your core temperature
    However I can raise the chanse of releasing cortisol which moves fat stores to your belly
  • misslizz6958
    Options
    Sry typing on cellphone
  • misslizz6958
    Options
    Actually, caffeine speeds up your metabolism. However, it is often paired with tons of sugar and processed junk (think sodas and gourmet coffees) which is BAD. Also, too much caffeine can be bad for people with heart problems.
    hense why I only drink diet