Help Please! Long list!

Options
I need some help on the following...

I lost a total of 72.6 lbs during 2014. I did not log during December and January for various reasons and gained 6.6 lbs - really stupid decision on my part - I know. Anyway... I started logging again on 2 February and I also started exercising 4-5 times a week. I do boot camp on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but log it as walking as to not tempt myself in eating back all the calories. I swim on Tuesday and Thursday. I can see changes in my body - getting stronger FAST. My problem is that I am not losing ANY weight and still have 66 lbs to go to goal. Is it the muscle, is it something else? I am so frustrated. I eat back some calories, but not all. There have been 2 days in the last 3 weeks that I went over - yesterday and last week Saturday. My muscles are a bit tender from all the exercise, but can they be this heavy? I have always been really privileged when exercising that my muscles build up fast... I drink a lot of water every day. I stopped drinking alcoholic beverages. My food diary is open - be kind please. (Or not :# )

The other thing I would like input on is apparently a very sensitive subject in all countries... I am looking into becoming a Nutritional Consultant. Unfortunately NO courses in South Africa, but I am able to do various courses online and then I would like to progress to Exercise Science and Personal Fitness. LONG TERM goals, LOL. I would like to help people be healthy and expand my own VERY LIMITED knowledge. Any ideas - do's - don'ts - anything? I am still comparing course content to see which covers the most areas of nutrition, anatomy and physiology.

Thank you....

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So in 18 days you've lost no weight?

Providing you have been weighing and logging food accurately and carefully to a defecit I would put this down to exercise induced water weight and just ride it out. If still no loss in another 4 weeks, adjust your calculations.

As for your career question: I would investigate the difference between a dietician and a nutritionist . Lots of people can be scathing about nutritionists because they are unregulated and it is not a profession protected by law, in the uk at least, so anybody can call themselves one ..they could probably get a nutritionist qualification in 10 minutes on the internet https://www.bda.uk.com/publications/dietitian_nutritionist

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Here is a link for how people become dietitians in the U.S.
    http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dietitians-and-nutritionists.htm#tab-4