Should I reduce my carb intake?

Options
Hey,
I started using MFP a few days ago and realized my carb intake is higher than recommended(about 20% more).
I was wondering, would it effect my weight loss? Do I need to cut in down? And If so, do anyone has ideas how to?
Thanks.

Replies

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There is the Low Carb Daily Forum that will be able to answer your questions.

Sorry that was abrupt ... Lowering Carbs isn't usually well received on the General Boards. If you're looking for advice, info, recipes etc, the Low Carb Forum will be a help/.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    There is the Low Carb Daily Forum that will be able to answer your questions.

Sorry that was abrupt ... Lowering Carbs isn't usually well received on the General Boards. If you're looking for advice, info, recipes etc, the Low Carb Forum will be a help/.

i dont think OP is talking about low carb, as they are saying they currently eat around 70% carbs, just lowering that amount.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    aviv11141 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I started using MFP a few days ago and realized my carb intake is higher than recommended(about 20% more).
    I was wondering, would it effect my weight loss? Do I need to cut in down? And If so, do anyone has ideas how to?
    Thanks.

if you're in a calorie deficit you will lose weight, but a lot of people find that they are hungry a lot if they dont hit their fat and protein targets. if you're eating around 70% carbs, then you wont be hitting yours?
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

i dont think OP is talking about low carb, as they are saying they currently eat around 70% carbs, just lowering that amount.

Oops, yep. I read that as OP was eating 20% and wanted it lower.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I started out with a similar eating pattern to you and did find that cutting down on carbs (especially bread and pasta) and increasing protein really helped. (My fat intakes were not a problem, as I love cheese.)