Need a stress reliever that doesn't involve ice cream.

Options
So I am so stressed out from medical bills that I have. I'm planning on going for a run this evening with friends, but I need something to do in the mean time because all I want to do right now is eat ice cream.

What (other than exercise) do y'all do to relieve stress?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Inb4someonesayssex.

Take a bath, read a book, go for a run, stretches, bake.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will be any help -- baking tends to be my stress outlet. :ohwell:
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I was going to say go for a run, but, since you said other than exercise...

Crank up some good music and jam out
    Play with my dogs
    Have an alcoholic drink
    Talk with friends
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I play video games, watch Youtube, go on Second Life, read, write, or clean.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Church, park, backyard/porch/deck with a beverage, fishing, soothing music, massage, kayaking...
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    eat fruit, knitt, read a book, read success stories, scream, cry, laugh, punch a pillow, hug a cat/dog/child/yourself
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    mg6pg.gif
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    eat fruit, knitt, read a book, read success stories, scream, cry, laugh, punch a pillow, hug a cat/dog/child/yourself

I'd definitely make sure the cat/dog/child isn't around while you scream, cry, laugh, and punch a pillow. ;-D
  • jsr0928
    jsr0928 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    rather than ice cream, I have been substituting raspberries with a cut up nectarine, topped with a 1/4 cup of broken up walnuts and almond milk over the top.

also, read, sing and dance around your house, yoga/stretch...
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Fruit ninja, Robot Unicorn Attack2, Netflix. Maybe switch to frozen yogurt in the meantime you find something you like?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    lifting heavy weights works for me
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Have a cup of tea or coffee, eat something that fits into your goals (I love So Delicious coconut milk "ice cream"), chat with friends,
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Find something to occupy your time...read a good book, look up new recipes, watch videos of kitties and puppies, play a game on your phone, watch your favorite movie for the 20th time, clean, etc. Oh and drink some water. I know it's no substitute for ice cream but you need to be hydrated or your run anyway and it might help you feel full so you won't want to eat anything.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    lifting heavy weights works for me

^^^^this. plyo is also really fun if you don't have equipment for lifting,although you can do a lot with heavy stuff around the house in a pinch.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    So I am so stressed out from medical bills that I have. I'm planning on going for a run this evening with friends, but I need something to do in the mean time because all I want to do right now is eat ice cream.

What (other than exercise) do y'all do to relieve stress?

Watch funny movies and sleep.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Vodka

And ice cream. :flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I box.
    I go to the shooting range.
    I play fps games and grief people.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Watch trashy television, read a book/magazine, take a leisurely stroll, watch a movie, play a game, call a friend just to chat.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Earlier I was feeling a bit crappy. I just took a nice walk by the river then I sat down and I read some Tom Robbins. I feel much better now.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Go play Team Fortress 2. Be the Demo Man. Launch yourself around with your stickybomb gun and blast other players.