Weekends are Brutal

Options
fastfoodietofitcutie
fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone else consistently gain a pound or two over the weekend? Even if I have 1 "bad" meal over the weekend, I gain at least a few pounds. I know it's mostly water weight and it comes off within a few days but I feel I would lose more if I didn't have to always lose those pounds every week. I know the solution is not to have the "bad" meal but come on, I gotta enjoy life!

Replies

• SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same! It's very annoying, and I'm thinking the whole time I'm eating the 'bad' meal that I'm gonna regret it when I'm back on the scale the next day (and then for the next 3 days trying to get back to where I was before the weekend. )
    I just try to remember it's not real weight and it would be far worse if I wasn't tracking calories the rest of the time. I used to be so bad and eat terribly all week long which is obviously why I am where I am now weight-wise.
  • bccashleyiverson
    Options
    Stop thinking of food as "bad" and "good" and try to find balance. I try to eat nutrient dense foods 80% of the time, and whatever I want the other 20%! Then I don't feel the need to binge eat on weekends. I'm sure it's just water weight so you really shouldn't worry about it. I use the app "weight tracker" on my phone, and it has graphs of your overall weight loss, so even when you're up a few pounds with water weight, it'll show you if you're still on track overall!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Or maybe you are eating too much...
  • BethanyGreenthe1st
    Options
    Yes it happens to me without fail. Try to only weigh yourself once a week on Wednesdays.