Second week not too successful ...

Options
My first week I lost almost 7 pounds and this week only 1.4 even tho I did everything the same. Getting discouraged....

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The first week you'll lose a lot of water weight. It's not fat, and it'll go back on when you start eating in maintenance. It's just a side-effect of eating less calories than you're burning. 1.4lbs is a much more likely figure to what you'll be getting from now on :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The first week you'll lose a lot of water weight. It's not fat, and it'll go back on when you start eating in maintenance. It's just a side-effect of eating less calories than you're burning. 1.4lbs is a much more likely figure to what you'll be getting from now on :)

What she said

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    "Only 1.4???" That is fantastic. Any loss is still a loss. Don't be discouraged, you are doing great. Look at it this way, if you "only" lose 1.4 every week, in 1 year, you'll have lost over 70 pounds! Slow and steady....
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged you are doing well. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Getting discouraged after 2 weeks? Wow .. just wait until you are like 6 months in and hit a plateau for a few weeks :) Seriously, lighten up. Depending on how much weight you want to lose, you have a long journey ahead of you. Welcome to the club :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    1.4 lbs in a week is fast. Nothing to be discouraged about.

Get "The Biggest Loser" mentality out of your head. Healthy weight loss doesn't work like that. Aim for 1 to 2lbs per week, depending on how much you need to lose.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Only 1.4 when you have 20 to lose is actually outstanding. You didn't put it on quickly, so it won't come off all at once.
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I lost approx 35lbs just losing half pound a week. It took me months. A 1.4 lb a week loss is fantastic, don't beat yourself up about it. It's a good steady loss :)
  • maryamn4
    maryamn4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support :D excited to be part of this community
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Be patient! Your body is adjusting to the changes. Make sure you drink enough water, try to eat regularly, and try to get 8 hours of sleep a night. These will help you to shed weight without too much trouble.