Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein dilemma

2»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    OP, if you can get to 40 grams with vegetarian sources, and add another 40 grams from animal protein, you are getting to your 80 grams but only eating 40 grams of animal protein. That's really not that much, maybe one serving of chicken and an egg or two. I can only get to my goal (90-100 grams) by eating meat, eggs, and dairy plus protein powder every day. So if you decide to (or need to) avoid animal products and soy, I'm not sure how else you might get over 40 grams or so a day. Also, don't worry about fat so much. If you eliminate everything from your diet that might be a cause of something bad in someone, you'll be eating nothing but air! I'm exaggerating but you get what I mean :drinker:
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I have suffered from kidney disease for over a decade. I have never been told to control my protein in fact I eat it on a regular basis because I suffer from anemia from my kidney disease. I have to watch salt and sugar intake. Which does in fact cause issues with my kidneys.
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    I use the vegan optimizer formula from TrueNutrition.com - it's made of peas, rice, and hemp. :) It's about $8/lb and while shipping is expensive, once you decide you like it you can bulk order to make the shipping cost per pound much more reasonable.