Stuck! Need Help!

Options
I have lost 10 pounds so far, but this week I have been stuck. The weight is not budging. I know that at some point it is normal to get stuck for a little during the weight loss journey, but how do you overcome this? I still work out everyday for about an hour and eat healthy at 1000-1200 calories a day. I know that is low, but I still eat when I'm hungry so I'm by no means starving myself. How do I get the weight to budge again?

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stalled? If it's less then 3 weeks, just be patient, that's not a stall.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How long has this been?

How long did it take you to lose 10 pounds (in other words how long has it been since you started "eating less"?

I see that you are back on MFP doing this again? Did this same thing happen before? Hard to say since I only have your age...

Hard to state if you are at a true stall or plateau... But I can say that the first pounds come off quicker in the beginning and perhaps you need to redefine your calories based on new numbers (BMR changed, TDEE, etc..)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. You'll always have weeks where you lose nothing or gain, usually due to excess sodium intake, new exercise, or TOM. Be patient and wait it out.
  • Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Unless you are crazy small - that is not sufficient calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It took about a month to lose the 10 pounds. I know that's fast, but like I said, I didn't do it in an unhealthy way. I'm 5'2, and that's how many calories MFP said I should eat. I also don't measure my food, so it might be slightly higher than that. I have only been stuck for a week, which I guess isn't that long. The first time I lost the weight it took a while, but I wasn't as dedicated. I didn't work out as much or eat as healthy, and I would give up completely for months at a time.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    abb117 wrote: »
    It took about a month to lose the 10 pounds. I know that's fast, but like I said, I didn't do it in an unhealthy way. I'm 5'2, and that's how many calories MFP said I should eat. I also don't measure my food, so it might be slightly higher than that. I have only been stuck for a week, which I guess isn't that long. The first time I lost the weight it took a while, but I wasn't as dedicated. I didn't work out as much or eat as healthy, and I would give up completely for months at a time.

Like I said earlier, one week without losing is nothing. However, you will really benefit from purchasing a food scale to weigh everything you eat. If you aren't weighing/measuring, you're more than likely eating more than you think, and not just a little.

Weight loss is dependent on how much you eat, not what you eat.