Death in the family = junk food

Options
As an emotional eater, the death of my Grandma yesterday is really messing with my appetite. I can't tell if I'm starving or if I'm just upset. I've eaten 4 rice cakes in the last hour :grumble:

At least I get to work out my emotions on the pavement after work...

How have you guys dealt with loss when you're trying to keep the calories down?

Replies

• pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Run. Nothing is better to clear your mind. Endorphins are an amazing thing and will definitely elevate your mood.

I am sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one never gets easier, you just get stronger.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I run, it helps me think clearly. I am sorry for the passing of your grandma.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    4 rice cakes in the past hour?

They're like 20 calories each . . .

Is that supposed to be your idea of a binge or something?
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options

LMAO! I wish my binges looked like that.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Well no, rice cakes are not a binge, that is just all I have at my desk. I was just asking how people dealt with the urge to emotionally pig out, you don't need to be so rude.
  • Buckaustink
    Options
    Wish I knew the answer. My dad died a year ago this coming Saturday. To make matters worse his birthday was last week and fathers day is the week after he died. I struggle with figuring out a way to deal with it without eating and drinking.
  • ShesReady2Live
    Options
    Today I went to a wake. She passed away leaving young children behind. It was sudden. I've hardly eaten anything all day and I've just had no appetite. Now Im finally able to relax and unwind and still not much of an appetite. It's hard but I have to eat something. Trying to make wis echoices and not go straight for the junk, I bought Froyo tonight and its in the freezer. I might just make a salad because its easy.