Personal Trainer

Options
I have my first official session with a personal trainer today. I had an initial free session a couple of weeks ago and although it was only 1/2, I could barely move the next day. I'm a little nervous about it. Does anyone know what I should expect other than getting my butt seriously kicked? I only signed up for one session a month (it's all I could afford :ohwell: ) I just thought it would be a great way to learn some good strength training moves and to have someone keeping track of me and my chunky thighs.

And btw...I get to be measured today in the midst of my PMS bloat. Yay me!

Replies

• cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am in a private group with a trainer . This is the ONLY way I could afford a private trainer. I think it is the best money I have ever spent. Although it's not one on one there is only about 5 of us in the group so we get a major discount. She is the BEST yes we hurt after every session 30-45 mins but I can really see and tell the difference. I like her because she doesn't make it easy just because we complain about our aches and pains. Some personal trainers will back off if a client complains of being pushed to hard because clients = money. If you have a good trainer you should feel some discomfort during or soreness after each workout because with just 1 workout per month you want to be pushed beyond your comfort zone.

Way to go with this. Good Luck! Don't Be Scared.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love my pr workouts. I met her once a week. At lest once I week I knew I would take a beating but that was fine with me. Once I complained that I couldn't do something and was making an "impossible" face she looked the other way and said yes you can. Everytime I stopped mid rep, she made me start over....So yes they def push you pass your limit but that is always a good thing bc we place limits on ourselves. This will be a great experience!!!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I just hired a PT - my consult is on Sunday... then starting 2 days a week with her. I'm nervous too!

Hope it goes well for you and you get the results you desire!
  • crystal081
    crystal081 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good afternoon, I just started with a trainer about a month ago, so we're in the same boat. in my experience, communicating with my trainer each of our expectations was a good start. Asking questions and paying attention to form is really important. That way, when you're not training with them, you can do the exercises on your own time.

Ps. at least you know your pmsing so it's not nearly as bad as it may seem .

have a great session!

-crystal
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I work with a PT once a week, for over a year now. I know the work has paid off in spades since I've recently started CrossFit and I can execute the skills properly (although the workouts are a whole lot more intense!)