Critique my post-workout breakfast please

Options
5-6 mornings a week I work out and either do a Jillian Michaels DVD or run 3-4 miles. I generally burn 375 to 450 calories per my HRM. I wake up at 4:30, eat a banana and do my workout. Immediately after my workout I drink a shake with 1/2 scoop whey protein and 6-8 ounces plain almond milk. I do not usually eat breakfast until I get to work at 8:30 and lately I have been getting massive headaches which I am attributing to not eating enough calories soon enough. What should I be eating for breakfast and how soon after my workout should I eat? Please help! (Usually I eat oatmeal and grapes when I get to work and then snack on yogurt a little later)

Replies

• Kthamm
    Kthamm Posts: 1
    Options
    You can take or leave the banana. I would up your protien to try to get at least 30g- I also would recommend intake within 30 minutes of work out. You will want some type of carb in that time frame too. You could add your banana to the protien and almond milk and that would suffice.

I drink 20 oz of water with BCAA powder first thing, do 50 minutes of HIIT then have Choc. protien mixed with 4 oz water and 4 oz original unsweetened almond milk; 1/8 cup of steel cut oats with honey and cinnamon drizzled on top.

HOpe this helps!