Exercises for bigger butt (besides squats)?

Options
Katerina9408
Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Out of ideas :(

Replies

• Lunges! Try box jumps too, those hurt
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Look up Bret Contreras (Strong Curves) He's all about that bass. ;)
  • Katerina9408
    Options
    Lunges! Try box jumps too, those hurt

Ok thanks :) Is 10 kilo weight too little for me ?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Lunges. Hip thrusts. Donkey kicks. Work on getting your form right first then add weights - it should be challenging.

There are loads of variants of squats/lunges, so you could mix them up to stop yourself getting bored.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Try squat jumps, deadlift, and bridges. They all do wonderful things to the butt region.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Weighted barbell hip thrusts and a small calorie surplus are the best things that ever happened to mine.

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png
  • Katerina9408
    Options
    Weighted barbell hip thrusts and a small calorie surplus are the best things that ever happened to mine.

How small ? I eat approx 1300-1400 cal per day and do calisthenics 1 h every day.
  • Katerina9408
    Options
    Btw thank you all I will try everything you told me :) I am considering to sign up for some MMA sport next month and take my bike to go to lectures.Hope that helps.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Another vote for hip thrusts, for sure. They sound dirty (which is half the fun), they look dirty, they can give you weird pelvic bruises and be a pain to get set up for, and they're totally worth it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

How small ? I eat approx 1300-1400 cal per day and do calisthenics 1 h every day.

Are you trying to lose weight? You're not going to build a ton of size eating at a deficit.

Between pics 1 and 2 I ate at maintenance. Between pics 2 and 3 I ate at about 200 calories over maintenance.
  • Katerina9408
    Options

Are you trying to lose weight? You're not going to build a ton of size eating at a deficit.

Between pics 1 and 2 I ate at maintenance. Between pics 2 and 3 I ate at about 200 calories over maintenance.

I am trying to build muscule and lose fat if there is such a thing :D idk what am I doing...I am scared to increase cal
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I am trying to build muscule and lose fat if there is such a thing :D idk what am I doing...I am scared to increase cal

If you want a big butt you're going to have to eat enough to build it. Try increasing your calories slowly (100 at a time). You can recomp, especially if you're new to lifting, by eating at maintenance and lifting weights. Also make sure you're eating enough protein (probably a safe bet to aim for 100 grams).

Are you following a lifting program at the moment? If so, which one?
  • Katerina9408
    edited February 2015
    Options

If you want a big butt you're going to have to eat enough to build it. Try increasing your calories slowly (100 at a time). You can recomp, especially if you're new to lifting, by eating at maintenance and lifting weights. Also make sure you're eating enough protein (probably a safe bet to aim for 100 grams).

I am not I do my own.I do usually squats,one leg squat,clams,fire hydrant , something like the donkey kick except your leg is pointing the ceilling, I go something like the bridge but one leg is in the air.I usually do them intense and make break when am getting out of breath. I only do the squat and one leg squat with 10 kilo and the knee bend and raise and other is with 2 kilo each leg.I also have problem with eating enought protein ( I am vegan). Is soy protein good ?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I am not I do my own.I do usually squats,one leg squat,clams,fire hydrant , something like the donkey kick except your leg is pointing the ceilling, I go something like the bridge but one leg is in the air.I usually do them intense and make break when am getting out of breath. I only do the squat and one leg squat with 10 kilo and the knee bend and raise and other is with 2 kilo each leg.I also have problem with eating enought protein ( I am vegan). Is soy protein good ?

Tbh I'm out of my depth on vegan protein options. Hopefully someone else can help you there. But get a lifting program and follow it-- don't try to do your own. If you're mostly interested in glutes then do Strong Curves.
  • iamaprincessx
    iamaprincessx Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've trained myself that even when im not in the gym doing the usual squats lunges etc I workit whenever I can, If im relaxing in the house with the TV i will be constantly squeezing my bum muscles until it burns, i do it for ten mins before bed, ten mins when i wake up etc haha, they have gone so round and firm its crazy (i know it sounds weird but it helps ;) )
  • Katerina9408
    Options
    I've trained myself that even when im not in the gym doing the usual squats lunges etc I workit whenever I can, If im relaxing in the house with the TV i will be constantly squeezing my bum muscles until it burns, i do it for ten mins before bed, ten mins when i wake up etc haha, they have gone so round and firm its crazy (i know it sounds weird but it helps ;) )

Ok thank u, I will try :)
  • pdavie92
    pdavie92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "I am trying to build muscule and lose fat if there is such a thing :D idk what am I doing...I am scared to increase cal"

I'm going to be honest and others may disagree but that is almost impossible. You need a slight calorie increase to get above maintenance levels, the body needs that extra energy to build muscle and a tiny bit of additional fat is likely to come with it. But don't panic as additional muscle also burns extra calorie.