Wellbutrin and weight??

Options
2»

Replies

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I had that problem with Paxil, but none of the others. In fact when I was on Prozac, my sex drive was incredibly high (too high) and no problems with reaching the goal.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Taking Wellbutrin will not cause you lose weight.

Taking Wellbutrin may cause appetite suppression.

Appetite suppression may cause you to lose weight.

Not eating due to appetite suppression will cause you to lose weight.

Does that make sense?

I had problems in college losing too much weight due to a medication because of its appetite suppressant qualities, and I found drinking Ensure +calories helped because I found it almost impossible to remember to eat (which seems crazy now, but I course overloaded and neglected my health by really overdoing it while in school). Now that I know better, however, I would suggest snacking on calorie-dense foods if you find yourself skipping meals (avocado and nuts are good for this).
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was put on Wellbutrin because I was having concentration issues and I couldn't sit still. It worked to at least help me focus better but I don't have ADHD. My goal weight is ~106 but I'm 5'1". I noticed my metabolism slowing down on Effexor because going onto it my diet did not change and I gained some weight. I even began strict dieting and I've been working out more, but being on a weight neutral med, those few pounds are going away since I think my metabolism is going back to normal.
    But yea Wellbutrin may not be my best option, my doc has my diagnosed as bipolar and my moods been really weird on this so ya. Thanks for all the responses :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    The side effect to which I thought you were referring was sexual function/ desire.

I hesitate to admit Adderall has an AD effect for me because I don't want her to try to put me on an AD. I hate them all and don't really have depression, I just like the slight lift Adderall gives me in addition to helping with ADD. It's barely noticeable and I can do without it. Some doctors seem to get very excited about anything I say so I've gotten very careful.

I agree...I'm on vyvanse for ADD and love the "lift" I get from it!