Any Mommas trying to loose baby weight?

Options
5 weeks postpartum, had to Have an emergency c section this time looking for some friends for us to help encourage each other

Replies

• lucky13libra
    lucky13libra Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am, but my baby isn't a baby anymore (she's 6 now, lol). I had to have an emergency C-section with her, so I can relate. I hope you're healing well, I will never forget that pain. Congrats on your new addition and best of luck on your fitness goals!
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am! 5 months PP, still have 17lbs to lose.
  • mommy91az541
    mommy91az541 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks lucky .. Finally feel like I'm healing .. That was definitely some horrible pain!! But don't worry with yours being 6 .. Have to start some where I have a 5,3 and now 5 week old I'm done .. Time to loose the belly for good
  • mommy91az541
    Options
    Nicole are you breastfeeding? I ask because I am and I have to eat more to lose .. I just hope it's accurate with as many calories as I have to take in .. Going to try it like this for a week first to see how it goes ..
    How've you been losing weight?
  • laurenarchut1
    Options
    I had my baby exactly 3 months ago tomorrow... Not a c-section though I was induced. Is there a way to include the fact you're breastfeeding? Because I am also and I don't want to skimp because I know they're needed extra calories. I lost about 40 pounds already but most of it was water and baby because apparently I was developing pre-e so it wasn't all fun and games
  • h_kat
    h_kat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! My boy was 12 weeks on Wednesday
  • h_kat
    h_kat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sorry! App really buggy and it didn't post my whole reply! Grr!
    Hope all is well now. Sounds like a rough pregnancy.
    I'm wondering the same thing about breastfeeding. It burns about 500 calories a day, I'm wondering if I should include it as an exercise so the calories are added to the overall daily allowance.
  • cat25xxx
    Options
    I'm still trying to lose 1stone 1/2 to get back to my pre birth weight! Finding it really hard. My baby is 9months now.......I'm trying this fast diet!
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I worked out and had lost 13 pounds before we got pregnant with him, however I was still overweight. While I was being induced, they had to stop and perform a c-sec. Now that our son is 18 months, I am more determined to prepare foods for myself, exercise during nap time and so far it's all working out.

*I Breastfed only at the very beginning, I wasn't producing enough milk. My O/B's office had me take Benadryl for a allergies, I think it was, and it dried up my milk. Crazy!!

Starting 6 days ago, I started a high protein - low sugar/sodium diet a fitness trainer has thrown my way. So far it's working. Hopefully I can build up my exercise length as the weeks progress.

Stay motivated and don't get overwhelmed! Wish ya the best!
  • klbgoldy
    klbgoldy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my son is 6 months! Lost 20 pounds so far and lots more to go! Was induced and had a complicated pregnancy! Feel like I'm stuck at where I'm at so started this plan!
  • lilmissemz269
    Options
    Hi my son is almost 9 weeks now , he was a planned c section , I was 14s3 the day before my section and 4 days after I got home (he was about a week old) I was down to 13s1! Can't believe over a stone of my weight was just baby lol I'm now down to 12s7 but need more motivation !! Please help ladies :D x
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! My kids are 2.5 and 8 mo. I could definitely use some mama friends out there. I get so exhausted sometime its hard to keep up with my weight loss/exercise goals. I've lost 20 lbs already, but I have 35 more lbs to loose (15 of that is pre-baby weight).
    For those of you breastfeeding, I am too. My baby is eating solids too so its not exclusive. I was really hesitant to restrict calories. From what I've read, you don't want to lose any more than .5-1 lb a week when you are breastfeeding so be conservative with your restriction. I try to stay above 1600 cals. I calculated the number of calories I should eat if I wasn't losing weight and how many I should be eating to lose a lb a week and stay in that range but closer to the lower number most of the time. The first week I thought I might be under producing but it seems to be fine now. From what I've heard, you only need an extra 300 calories a day to breastfeed.
  • shelbyej
    shelbyej Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am ! It was my first pregnancy and i was expecting to gain 50lbs and only have a 7 lb baby , i lost the 1st 20 lbs quick but then i got the depo shot and have gained 7 lbs back i desperatly want my before baby body back! My son is 5months now.
  • shelbyej
    shelbyej Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also strictly breastfeeding
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had issues with post-partum birth control too! It was so frustrating. I had an IUD.. before I got it I had lost 21 lbs... and gained back 7-8 lbs. I thought I had PPD (or I was going crazy :) ) until I realized all the symptoms started a week or two after I got it. I lost 67 lbs with my first pregnancy and now with my second I've only lost 20 8 months in.
  • mommy91az541
    Options
    I had my baby exactly 3 months ago tomorrow... Not a c-section though I was induced. Is there a way to include the fact you're breastfeeding? Because I am also and I don't want to skimp because I know they're needed extra calories. I lost about 40 pounds already but most of it was water and baby because apparently I was developing pre-e so it wasn't all fun and games

I add it as cardio 20 mins and it shows up as 500 cals burned and tells me to each that much more .. New to this but feel free to add me so we can kick thus baby weight together:)
  • mommy91az541
    Options
    h_kat wrote: »
    Sorry! App really buggy and it didn't post my whole reply! Grr!
    Hope all is well now. Sounds like a rough pregnancy.
    I'm wondering the same thing about breastfeeding. It burns about 500 calories a day, I'm wondering if I should include it as an exercise so the calories are added to the overall daily allowance.
    Yea add it as 20 min cardio and it will show 500 cals burned and make up the difference:) feel free to add me :)
  • mommy91az541
    Options
    klbgoldy wrote: »
    Hi my son is 6 months! Lost 20 pounds so far and lots more to go! Was induced and had a complicated pregnancy! Feel like I'm stuck at where I'm at so started this plan!
    You can do it girlie this is my third and final and I'm determined so just put your foot fwd and don't give up :)
  • mommy91az541
    Options
    Hi! My kids are 2.5 and 8 mo. I could definitely use some mama friends out there. I get so exhausted sometime its hard to keep up with my weight loss/exercise goals. I've lost 20 lbs already, but I have 35 more lbs to loose (15 of that is pre-baby weight).
    For those of you breastfeeding, I am too. My baby is eating solids too so its not exclusive. I was really hesitant to restrict calories. From what I've read, you don't want to lose any more than .5-1 lb a week when you are breastfeeding so be conservative with your restriction. I try to stay above 1600 cals. I calculated the number of calories I should eat if I wasn't losing weight and how many I should be eating to lose a lb a week and stay in that range but closer to the lower number most of the time. The first week I thought I might be under producing but it seems to be fine now. From what I've heard, you only need an extra 300 calories a day to breastfeed.
    Hey girlie thanks for the info I was told an extra 500 might be why I'm not losing or gaining .. It says I'd be at 1491 without and 1971 with ??

• G00ber2014
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Of course its been 4 years since my c-section . . . and I always lose the weight then gain it allllll right back....back and forth....it's so frustrating! Sounds like your hands are tied! Congrats on the new little bundle! :smile: