Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Beating the cycle

Hi everyone! Let me explain my situation. So, I have lost over 80 pounds by sticking to a strict diet. I would have cheats here and there, but overall nothing too hindering. I got all the way to 137 pounds, which I was happy with. However, over the course of the past few months, I have begun binging in a cycle, which goes like this: I'll overeat a bit over my calorie allowance, then I'll throw caution to the wind and completely eat everything in sight. I'll diet a few days, until slowly my calories start creeping up, and then I binge again. I have become 145 pounds, and I need to get back to 137. However, I just don't know how to break this cycle and get back to straight healthy eating. I've tried everything, going from 1200 calories to 1800 calories per day, upping my calories, everything. I believe that once I mess up even a little bit during the day, I'll completely eat everything because my mind is like "Well I already messed up today, tomorrow's a new start!" but then it just happens again. I want to break my mindset of "Oh I'm skinny I can afford it" because my brain doesn't process that I've gained 8 pounds. Any advice, guidance, or anything would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Take out your before picture and stick it on the mirror. YOU have lost 80 pounds! How amazing is that!