Those last 15 pounds

Options

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jenr6482 wrote: »
    My doctor told me to lose my 30 lbs over 2 years . This way it is a lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with losing slowly. I say to you hip hip hurray !

I'm a fan of your doctor. It took two years of slow and steady but I lost 50 lbs, put on some muscle and am in better shape than I was in my teens and 20's. I am planning to rock the rest of my 30's so that I why I a totally focusing on losing these last 10 lbs!
  • becs3578
    Options
    jcast92 wrote: »
    I've lost an average of about half a pound a week. If I can keep this up... by my vacation time I'll be pretty closet to my goal. It's creeping up on me! :)

Hooray that is so awesome. I am wanting to rock it at my vacation too.

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    No change from last week for me... We have had a few very nice days out so did my walking outside.. I am wondering if maybe I am not working as hard as I do on the treadmill. but my fitbit says I am still getting a workout, (h.r). Really like walking outside a lot better than on the treadmill.
    I will keep chugging away!!! colleen
  • jenr6482
    jenr6482 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Colleen, keep going!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,444 Member
    Options
    Colleen, I love walking outside, although, I didn't do it today. I had a challenge...did 500 jogging steps between each exercise. I got home from work with 4,800 steps...made it to 10,000 and got my challenge done. I had to seriously talk myself into exercising today. I'm so glad I did!! Feeling much better now. Amazing! :D

I'm looking forward to weighing in on Sunday. It's been a good week. No trigger or junk for for me!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chris
  • jenr6482
    Options
    The reward for eating right must be greater than the enjoyment of eating wrong. On weigh-in day, the reward is much greater. :)
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Happy Friday! I was up .5 this am. I ate right and exercised yesterday. I figure it is salt or hormones . My progress chart in MFP is up and down so no worries.
  • becs3578
    Options
    jenr6482 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! I was up .5 this am. I ate right and exercised yesterday. I figure it is salt or hormones . My progress chart in MFP is up and down so no worries.

That is me too. I fluctuate every single day. That is why only wednesdays count for this challenge. I am up today by a little and I have a faith that next Wednesday I will be down.

We will prevail!!

• cpanus
    Options
    I was happy with today's weigh in. I'm down from last week which is terrific. I just have to keep it up. This week will be a bit stressful as it is my last week at work. Friday will be my last day then I will be retired!!!

Walked with DH and our grandpuppy yesterday and today then went out both days on my own for more miles. Made soup for the week and cut up veggies to munch later. It's been a pretty great weekend.

I hope everyone is having success.

Chris
  • jenr6482
    Options
    So I got home from work late and wasn't sure if it was ok to eat supper 2 hrs before bed. I had plenty of calories left for thd day. I'm afraid I will pay for it on the scale. I could have gone without supper but then I get "warned" I'm not eating enough. Any thoughts for next time?
  • rushfive
    edited March 2015
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    I was happy with today's weigh in. I'm down from last week which is terrific. I just have to keep it up. This week will be a bit stressful as it is my last week at work. Friday will be my last day then I will be retired!!!

Walked with DH and our grandpuppy yesterday and today then went out both days on my own for more miles. Made soup for the week and cut up veggies to munch later. It's been a pretty great weekend.

Chris

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING RETIRED !!!!!!soon I love hearing people making it to retirement... can't wait for it to be me.
  • rushfive
    Options
    Hey jenr,
    I don't think eating late will matter on the scale as long as your are at a calorie deficit.
    I have eaten dinner late, sometimes I am just to tired and have a bowl of cereal, handful of granola, or whatever quick looks good and call it a day..
    As for going under and getting the warning, I do this too, I don't worry about it... as long as you don't do it everyday.. I am never right on the calorie number. :)
  • cpanus
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »

Chris

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING RETIRED !!!!!!soon I love hearing people making it to retirement... can't wait for it to be me.

Thank you, clnrush! I'm pretty excited about it! I hope your retirement comes soon for you!

Chris
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Guess it was ok to eat late.... I'm down today! I'm extra tired so my body wad digesting food instead of resting :{
  • becs3578
    Options

Chris

Congratulations on your pending retirement. That is so exciting. Also congrats on the weight loss ;)
  • rushfive
    Options
    YEAH !!! Finally back into the 120's.(129.4) Haven't been there since my thyroid surgery some 10 years ago.
    Losing slowly but surely.
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    Everyone please feel free to add me, as well! I'd love the support and accountability that come along with having positive friends on here to encourage me to lose weight the healthy way :)
  • becs3578
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »
    YEAH !!! Finally back into the 120's.(129.4) Haven't been there since my thyroid surgery some 10 years ago.
    Losing slowly but surely.

Congratulations. I am so close to getting back in my 120's. I am hoping it happens in my weight in tomorrow but if not I should be in the next week.

Way to go girl!!

• becs3578
    Options
    Wednesday weekly weight in.... I'm 130. That is a .8 lbs loss this past week. I know I am on the verge of getting back in my 120's and I just have to stay focused.
  • rushfive
    Options
    Hey Becs3578,
    You are sooo close to the 120 mark.... an .8 lose is really good for a week!!
    Hang in there..keep doing what you are doing...it works for ya....
    who knows---- tomorrow you may be in the 120 :D
    colleen