Need motivation buddies!

Options
Hi! I'm 40 pounds down and have 20 more to go. I had originally lost 50 but gained back a bunch and am now trying to reach my goal weight. I went through thyroid cancer treatment last year which messed with my metabolism and caused a lot of the weight gain, now I'm feeling defeated and unmotivated. Let's all work together to motivate each other! We all have our life challenges that make weight loss a different experience for each of us. Share your stories or add me and we can work together!

Replies

• lovethelatte
    lovethelatte Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you in your 40lb loss! I went through treatment last year for colon cancer and I'm trying to get healthy and keep any reoccurrence away. Thyroid cancer must be very hard in your metabolism...you are an inspiration for working so hard! I'll add you and love to follow your journey!
  • gannonc2016
    gannonc2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do not feel defeated cause of treatment, you lost 40 pounds. Amazing job!! I'm trying to slim down and get healthy. I want to lose 30 pounds!
  • fnub
    fnub Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today I'm 100 days in & 42lb's down. That's 100 days of working out, watching what i eat and always make sure i have a deficit. It really isnt as hard as i thought it would be. With my 45-60 min workout on the cross trainer, i can use my phone to listen to my favourite music or watch movies/tv shows etc etc. Plus i burn 750 - 1000 calories so i get to eat well. Losing about 3lb's/week. Its been awesome wearing smaller clothes too. Life is good!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I lost more slowly than most MFPers. So be patient! But I did it just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn.
  • joeyjoejoe888
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds since beginning to log my food and workouts. The motivation of others has really helped too! Feel free to add me for additional support!