Help

Options
Mortalnikki
Mortalnikki Posts: 4 Member
Hi im on a low budget but iam finding it really hard to find low fat meals on a budget

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, and meat all cost about the same as those $5 pizza's or MUCH cheaper than eating out. Budget should not be an excuse to find it hard to lose weight.

Since January eating healthy we save about $200 a month in food. Plus you don't eat as much.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    beans & rice

pnut btr sandwich & apple

eggs on toast with beans

chicken and frozen veggies
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    When you say you find it hard to find low-fat meals, do you mean you are buying ready prepared meals? If so, it is so much cheaper to make your own from scratch- pastas with tomato based sauces, omelettes and salads, stir fried noodles and vegetables, jacket potatoes with baked beans and salad etc (sorry, but I'm vegetarian!). Ready prepared meals are unbelievably expensive and are full of additives so I would give them a miss. Maybe go to your local library to borrow some recipe book for some ideas, or google some.

If I have misunderstood you and you weren't talking about ready prepared meals then I apologise!

Good luck xxx
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    I can get in my 1600 calories a day on about $6
  • AngieWarriorPrincess
    Options
    99cent stores carry alot of fresh fruits and veggies, it's best to go when it's delivered, after a couple of days it's a little funky but hey still better than processed foods.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    99cent stores carry alot of fresh fruits and veggies, it's best to go when it's delivered, after a couple of days it's a little funky but hey still better than processed foods.

Worked for this guy: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/yourbestfitness/99-cent-diet-could-it-work-you