New job in 3 weeks!!! aaaa!!!!

Options
Starting a new job in 3 weeks! I must lose 4-5kg to feel ok about myself and fit well in my clothes :( Last few months were great for muscles and performance in the gym but definitely not for weight loss.
I'm desperate! I need a confidence boost and the weight loss will help...
Anybody in the similar situation?

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You need to find a way to boost your confidence without imposing deadlines on yourself. Your goal is quite aggressive (how much do you have to lose overall?) and you may be setting yourself up for failure and disappointment if your confidence hangs on a scale number. May I suggest doing something nice for yourself such as getting your hair done for your first day or treating yourself to a new work outfit?

I'm sure you're aware of this already, but nobody at your new job cares what weight you are, this is about your own body image and self confidence :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's simply not going to happen ...get your head back in the right frame of mind...your gym gains and goals are brilliant

Try on all your work wear and pick what fits you best, go and get one new thing that will go with as many outfits as possible ..a top or a new pair of trousers /skirt or even just one new thing that you love ..

And then go into your new job with confidence that you gained in the gym ...you got it for your experience and abilities not how you look ..people will judge you on how pleasant, professional and able you are
  • grangerka
    grangerka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. I wish it was possible though! Maybe even a 3 kg will help. I'm about 8kg away from my favourite weight ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Favourite weight? So if you dehydrated you'd be happy? :huh:

How do you look in the mirror? How do you feel in the gym? Screw the scales!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You might lose 2 or 3kg.

To be honest, people will judge you on a lot of things before weight.

Agree