Looking for more friends willing to share their food diary! Believe me, I will not judge.

Options
I know we all have good days and bad when it comes to eating right and eating healthy and just starting out I am terrible and learning everyday trying to improve. I do truly find it helpful when people post suggestions and tips but why is it that not many people share their diary? I truly find it so helpful to see how other people are eating to see how I can improve my foods. It is also a good way for me to find good ideas for recipes, etc. and how to change up my sometimes "stale" menu. Sometimes I just like to find new and good snacks! I find it helpful to compare my diary and figure out which types of food I need to include or eliminate. I am just starting out, try to eat 1200 calories, have about 60 pounds to lose and am 56 years old. It's only been about a month and have only lost 6 lbs so I will be here for a long time and hope to make it a lifelong goal. Anyone with similar needs, weight loss goals or age willing to be fiends and share their diary?

Replies

• taraize0911
    Options
    Hey my food diary is open.. and im looking for more friends feel free to add me
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My diary is open, but I admit I eat a lot. Usually 1700 cal/per day. I have a weakness for wine, chocolate and fast food (on occasion)! Aside from those I eat fairly healthy and cook quite a bit. I'm always looking for ideas for meals.
  • mmmMiMi
    mmmMiMi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I didn't really have any clue I could make my food diary visible to anyone.
    (ok, I'll admit that, until last week, I didn't even realize there were forums, there)
    You can creep-up on my diary, if you want. lol. I don't mind.

As I think of it...I should go in and see if I can make all my recipes visible, too.
    I'm a very good cook. I'd be happy to share.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Feel free to add me.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    PS I've been sick and eating over this week. Usually I'm more on track :)
  • teahoffmann
    Options
    I know we all have good days and bad when it comes to eating right and eating healthy and just starting out I am terrible and learning everyday trying to improve. I do truly find it helpful when people post suggestions and tips but why is it that not many people share their diary? I truly find it so helpful to see how other people are eating to see how I can improve my foods. It is also a good way for me to find good ideas for recipes, etc. and how to change up my sometimes "stale" menu. Sometimes I just like to find new and good snacks! I find it helpful to compare my diary and figure out which types of food I need to include or eliminate. I am just starting out, try to eat 1200 calories, have about 60 pounds to lose and am 56 years old. It's only been about a month and have only lost 6 lbs so I will be here for a long time and hope to make it a lifelong goal. Anyone with similar needs, weight loss goals or age willing to be fiends and share their diary?

• teahoffmann
    Options
    How do share your food diary
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My diary is open for exactly this reason! And I'm quite happy for people to comment on my intake, ask questions or compare. Feel free to add me; I've started (again) 5 days ago..
  • chrissimj97
    chrissimj97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I am also consuming 1200 calories a day. Started out a little rocky in Nov 2014, but improved in Dec. Entries are inconsistent, but when I was consistent, I achieved some weight loss. You are welcome to add me.
  • teahoffmann
    Options
    figured out how to open my diary to friends only. So now, I need friends! Please send me a friend request if you're interested. I'm 51 and trying to lose 20 pounds. I've been trying since September with absolutely no success. Frustrated!
  • mega103
    mega103 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me please mega103
  • carissacaines
    carissacaines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 42..looking to lose 25-30lbs. I need a few friends for support too. Preferably 40+ ladies in a similar boat. I'll share my diary...the good bad and ugly!! Please add me if interested!
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to take a peek at mine (open to friends only). For what it's worth, I vary my intake: I've found that if I eat at a consistently low level, my body quickly adjusts, and I don't lose any weight. So, some days I'm at the very bottom of my range, and some days a bit higher.

What can I say? It works for me!
  • 55gecko
    55gecko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free. You will find a lot of beer and bourbon.
  • ally_carlson7
    Options
    my diary is also open and you're welcome to view it and add me :)
  • starrhulll
    starrhulll Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll share. I'm 40+, have lost 10 and maintained it for 4 months, and aim to lose 25 more (my doctor approves). Would love to have the support & insight!
  • exlibrissilvio
    exlibrissilvio Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Add me, mine is open to friends.
  • em84
    em84 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    sent you a add my diary is open :smile:
    any body else needing more friends please feel free to add :smile:
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open and I have about 100 pounds to lose. I'm always looking at diaries to get new ideas! :)
  • kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, too. I lost most of my weight in 2013 to early 2014 and seem to be in maintenance now, eating about 1200. I agree -- I wish more people would open their food diary for just the same reason. I got a great recipe for Carrot Potato Quinoa soup from one of my friends. It's also good to see how others work "treats" into their days.