Maintenance calories to low ?

Options
I am 5ft 2in and weight 120lb, don't have a busy life style, and have been given a maintainance calorie intake of 1380 per day, does this seem a little low ? Thanks

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its low, but that doesn't mean its actually your maintenance. Its just an estimate. You will find your true maintenance through trial and error, just as you found your deficit and what it took to lose weight.
  • maries4441
    maries4441 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thankyou, I will have to give it time and see how I go, was shocked thought it seemed to low. And Thank you for taking time to reply
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    How many different TDEE calculators have you tried?
  • maries4441
    Options
    Just had to look up on internet what Tdee ment, Lol, so the answer is none, its was just this app that gave me my total calories, I am going to try the internet now and see what they come up with, Thank you for leading me in the right direction
  • arditarose
    Options
    maries4441 wrote: »
    Just had to look up on internet what Tdee ment, Lol, so the answer is none, its was just this app that gave me my total calories, I am going to try the internet now and see what they come up with, Thank you for leading me in the right direction

Oh no problem. The one on iifym.com and scoobysworkshop are popular.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You might want to get a Fitbit zip or some other pedometer to measure your exercise. It will add calories to your day as you exercise more.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Just remember the MFP calories are without exercise, so you're supposed to be able to eat some exercise calories back. When you use TDEE, they are included.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you calories with the expectation that you will log your exercise and eat those calories too, so that is only your base calories if you dont move that day. Calculate using TDEE (which includes average exercise) somewhere else and manually set your calories here.
  • maries4441
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied, been a great help, I undrstand more now. :smiley: