Hi! I'm Lissa and I'm looking for fitness friends!

Options
I'm looking for some open diary friends to share success with! I love the accountability of others being able to see what I take in each day! I am looking for friends with any sorts of goals so we can support each other but here is a bit about me:

I am just shy of 25 years old. About six months ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and really saw myself for the first time in years. Gone was the perfectly flat stomach, the slender hips. I took my dog for a jog and wheezed through a quarter mile. What? I used to run for miles! That day I decided to change it all. I quit smoking cold turkey, started researching nutrition, and vowed to find a workout plan.

Since then, I haven't touched another smoke. I toned drinking WAY down -still have a beer or a glass of wine every couple weeks- and started striving toward clean eating. I worked my way through Insanity, and have lost 15lb. That goo around my midsection is nearly gone, but I've got a little bit of leaning out left to do. Right now I am in my second month of P90x and loving every second of it!

Looking forward to meeting new people!

Replies

• BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    huge congrats on your accomplishments! I turned 24 recently and I'm also from Florida! still have 50-60 pounds to go but I have an open diary.
  • theouli2015
    Options
    Hi. What are you doing for exercise. Are you regular. The most important is to maintain exercise and low your food intake
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    lissamon wrote: »
    I'm looking for some open diary friends to share success with! I love the accountability of others being able to see what I take in each day! I am looking for friends with any sorts of goals so we can support each other but here is a bit about me:

I am just shy of 25 years old. About six months ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and really saw myself for the first time in years. Gone was the perfectly flat stomach, the slender hips. I took my dog for a jog and wheezed through a quarter mile. What? I used to run for miles! That day I decided to change it all. I quit smoking cold turkey, started researching nutrition, and vowed to find a workout plan.

Since then, I haven't touched another smoke. I toned drinking WAY down -still have a beer or a glass of wine every couple weeks- and started striving toward clean eating. I worked my way through Insanity, and have lost 15lb. That goo around my midsection is nearly gone, but I've got a little bit of leaning out left to do. Right now I am in my second month of P90x and loving every second of it!

Looking forward to meeting new people!

Hi :) You can add me my diary is open. I have lost 7 kg and my aim is to build muscles.
  • lissamon
    lissamon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. What are you doing for exercise. Are you regular. The most important is to maintain exercise and low your food intake

Hi! Yes, I said above I a month into P90X, which is at least an hour a day. Not worrying about lowering food intake as I am not trying to lose any weight at this point, more interested in gaining muscle
  • lisac114
    lisac114 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi you are welcome to add me, I think my diary is open, how do I check? Lol x
  • graceversoni92
    graceversoni92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I am 23 and like you I looked at myself in the mirror and was horrified of what I saw. I've gained 15kilos over the past two years. My usual petite self has disappeared and now replaced with a curve less bulging figure. I'v got myself a personal trainer last week and have quit smoking and drinking for the past two weeks. The training has been alright so far...its the diet that has been quite a challenge! With this app making me aware of my calorie intake...I hope to once again attain that slim and petite figure I once had! Glad to hear inspiring stories like yours. Its good to know I'm not the only struggling one Haha!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    P90x was the starting point for my muscle gain and toning. I really think it will work for you too.
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Please feel free to send me an add request and good luck with your goals
  • victorywithme
    victorywithme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, Lissa!!! It looks like you've just turned your life around! I'm from Florida as well. Feel free to add me. Let's support each other ; )
  • lissamon
    Options
    Yay! I added you all!
  • cwainwright12
    Options
    Please all feel free to add me :-)

I've lost 83lbs so far in total.....need to lose another 40 +
  • lissamon
    Options
    Please all feel free to add me :-)

I've lost 83lbs so far in total.....need to lose another 40 +

That's awesome! You go!
  • leechadcrowe
    leechadcrowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    sent you friend request I'm on mission to get lean to
  • lissamon
    Options
    Added thanks! :)
  • jackg1
    jackg1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in Lakeland florida. I know life has hardships and during them it can be tough. I'm sure we may have differences in our hardships but the weight loss goals are similar. I started at 390 in October 2013 and am at 330 now. Still working at it. Any motivation helps. How are you?
  • baby_pond
    Options
    I'm new on here and really needing to lose the weight, looking for cool people to help find motivation and like you said people to help keep me on track...my biggest issues is eating what i dont need and when i dont need to
  • lissamon
    Options
    Jack that's awesome! Keep at it! You're doing great. Baby pond just take it one day at a time we are all here to help!
  • ribbit69
    ribbit69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats girl....I too looked in the mirror and im going to be 40...I have never let myself go like I have lately...your story really inspired me and gives me hope. I am trying to quit smoking ..I have 2 beautiful grand babies who I want to be here for for as long as I can....u give me hooe...If u can do ot I can too....success stories are the best...thanks for sharing and it's nice to meet u. My name is cindy....
  • lissamon
    Options
    Hi Cindy! You can do it! Quitting smoking was the best thing I ever did for myself. Not only do I feel as much better, but all the MONEY I was spending on smokes! It was hard - heck even now I still want one sometimes - but so worth it
  • lissamon
    Options
    Bump :)