Two treat meals in one week? What would you do?

Options
heirwin16
heirwin16 Posts: 3
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I allow myself a treat meal, once a week, whatever I want, no counting. I planned on getting my treat meal later tonight, but come to find out my family & I are going out to eat tomorrow. It's 5 PM and I only have 260 calories left for today, which I don't think is enough to hold me over if I decide not to get my treat meal later and keep counting. Should I
a. still get my treat meal tonight AND have a treat meal tomorrow, getting back on track Monday (since I wasn't aware we were going out to eat until now)
b. try to stick it out and save my treat meal for tomorrow
or c. have my treat meal tonight like I planned and count tomorrow?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i eat what i want every day and count it. had chinese for lunch and dinner today. mexican yesterday. do things in a logical and sustainable manner and you wont have to worry about 'treat meals' because your eating 'plan' already allows for it.

if you go over your calories, cut back on subsequent days and exercise more.
  • sschiano1987
    sschiano1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I say do whatever makes you feel good, never feel guitly especially if you are a conscious heathy person. I would do option b - but that's just me : )
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You don't have much weight to lose. Your calorie deficit shouldn't be so great that you can't find something out to eat that won't fit within (or at least close to) your goals.
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd go over your calories today by just a couple hundred (500 should be enough for a decent dinner) and maybe try to get in another round of exercise sometime this week. Or just let it go honestly--a few hundred calories one day will not be your breaking point.

Save the treat for tomorrow!
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree. Count everything, make choices, stick by them.

As for tomorrow same thing. Order sensibly, eat sensibly, take home leftovers. And definitely count everything.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd go over your calories today by just a couple hundred (500 should be enough for a decent dinner) and maybe try to get in another round of exercise sometime this week. Or just let it go honestly--a few hundred calories one day will not be your breaking point.

Save the treat for tomorrow!

Agreed this is what I would do. Don't try to force yourself to eat only 250 the rest of the night. Opt for some healthy foods that will fill you up. Will prob end up going 200-300 over. However i find if i plan bad and then try to keep it under, i end up binging on bad stuff that night or the next day. Also enjoy tomorrows treat. If your able to reach your goals with one treat a week, go for it!!! I also tend to breakdown if i dont enjoy a night out here and there. Good luck!!  
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Just log what you eat and fit it within your calories. Having unaccounted for "treat meals" like this will probably not work the closer you get to your goal. Althoguh you're already close with only 15lbs to lose...
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    A. This happens to me all the time. That's why I look at my weekly numbers more than my daily numbers. As long as I'm hitting my weekly goal I don't stress. Have fun!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it. The idea is to be able to do this one day without logging your cals for most people.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I went almost three hundred calories over my goal today. I divided the surplus by three and removed the result from the two days I had already prelogged.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I would just log both days anyway even if you go over. Estimate the best you can for your restauant meal. Maybe just don't sweat it and consider these 2 days as a break. Or look at total calories over the whole week... So you go over today and tomorrow, go under by that amount over the course of the next week or so.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I went over by 400 calories today! I had a Dairy Queen blizzard. lol
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Just two? It's restaurant week. There shall be four.

Fore.
    Fo'.