5'4, 148lbs but I'm not fat!

Options
I wear a size 4 with an athletic build, strong muscular legs. Why does it say I have to be 125? When I was that weight I looked sickly anorexic

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Why does WHAT say you have to be 125?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Why does WHAT say you have to be 125?

This.

BMI is usually a range. I'm an inch taller than you and am pretty lean at the top end of my range as well. I go by how I look and approximate bodyfat over scale weight. I just know what range of scale weight I look better in.
  • kmf91604
    kmf91604 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I almost feel as if weighing myself is useless
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    kmf91604 wrote: »
    I almost feel as if weighing myself is useless

Scale weight is just part of a larger picture. It alone does not give the whole picture.

For example, I had a health assessment done at work. My weight put me just over the borderline for the overweight category but the nurse measured my waist and classified me as the "healthy" category.

I use the scale to show a pattern if I am losing or gaining.
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not going to say my current..lol, that bad! Dr would like to see me between 145-150... she said that's the high end for my height..5'2 1/2" ..was sick and fell to 128... looked like cancer patient scared crap out of everyone..even my color was off..my gp and cardiologist would prefer I don't ho that low..I pay more attention to them...they know my health issues and I know how how I feel.