Here again...

I'm getting ready to start this journey yet again. About 3 years ago I lost 30lbs with Myfitnesspal and got down to around 140 then I fell off the wagon and just never jumped back on. Needless to say, I've gained it all back and then some. I'm at my heaviest weight I've ever been at around 195 (not sure on the exact but for sure in the 190's) I have no energy and have to do something. I feel like my major set back is my husband, who's a red meat and potatoes kind of guy and 2 picky boys, Plus I never really learned to cook so it's harder for me to find things they will all eat and actually taste decent. We all need to eat healthier. I'm determined this time. I miss the endorphin rush after a good workout. I loved going to the gym and always felt great afterwards. I would love some new friends to help me get to my goal and people I can encourage and help as well. Here's to a new beginning!

Replies

• bened23
    bened23 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey there! Just read your post and wanted to say kudos to you for getting back at it! Its not easy but stay determined and focused and you wm reach your goal. If you want some inspiration follow me on my histogram - datgurlbe. Good luck to you! :)
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Hi - I'm in a similar position to you. Over two years I lost 16kg - then put it all back on over the last year! So disappointed with myself and struggling to get motivated again - but knowing I can't live with this extra weight. I know it's not going to be a easy journey - I have some major life changes happening in the next 12 months, so lots of triggers to give up. But I'm determined to do it. If you want company along the road add me as a friend!
  • MinnesotaNice507
    MinnesotaNice507 Posts: 60 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me! My husband actually just joined MFP to gain weight and I am trying to lose weight. I have two sons as well. One is picky. Both are always hungry!