The best stir fry sauce

szechuan-spicy1.png

Gosh, I love coupons. I was able to get this for $1.50 a bottle with a $1/one coupon. I love stir fry, I love spicy stuff, so I figured "why not?"

Only 25 calories per tablespoon, and this sauce packs a punch. I'm sad I need to wait until tomorrow to eat my stir fry (I meal prepped for tomorrow afternoon). Can't wait to go buy at least 3-4 more bottles tomorrow with the rest of my coupons...pretty sure this bottle will only last me less than a week after I'm done with it.

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Ha! I just bought some of this last week. I'm "clueless" with Asian seasonings (even though I was married to a Korean for a long time, I never learned much Korean cooking skills, lol), and this brand is my favorite. The Korean Teriyaki and Korean BBQ is very good, too.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    I'll have to look around at stores to see what we have like this.. I just use soy sauce usually!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I personally dig:
    - Grind garlic, ginger
    - Salt, Pepper
    - Soy Sauce
    - Touch of hoisin

Little bit of oil to lube the works. Done.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    I personally dig:
    - Grind garlic, ginger
    - Salt, Pepper
    - Soy Sauce
    - Touch of hoisin

GINGER. I should try that next time.
  • Brownsugar2011
    Brownsugar2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Can this item be found at Walmart?
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    I make my own
    1 tsp brown sugar
    1 tsp corn starch
    mix then add:
    1 T seasoned rice vinegar
    1 T cold water
    1 T soy sauce
    fresh ground ginger
    1 T minced garlic
    red pepper flakes
    mix well, toss in the last 2 minutes of stir fry
    53 calories for the whole recipe, it makes enough for 8 cups vegetables plus 8 oz protein, so I split the stir fry into 2 servings
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Can this item be found at Walmart?
    Not sure; I have seen it at my two local grocery stores so far. You can always call ahead to ask!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,152 Member
    Depends on what your cooking, but I always make my own sauces based on the ingredients and cooking region. Looks like your looking for premade. Anyway, I like to dry rub with a pulverized combo of garlic, ginger, fermented black beans and green onion then add soy sauce, mirim or dry sherry, a touch of sugar and stock, then a slurry of cornstarch.....good on seafood or chicken.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    This is what I do usually:

3 garlic cloves sauted (i just add them to the pan while I'm cooking the meat)

1/2 tsp ginger
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 soy sauce
    Crushed red pepper
    Bring to a good boil
    Thicken it up with some corn starch mixed with chicken broth

Delicious and easy
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    Depends on what your cooking, but I always make my own sauces based on the ingredients and cooking region. Looks like your looking for premade. Anyway, I like to dry rub with a pulverized combo of garlic, ginger, fermented black beans and green onion then add soy sauce, mirim or dry sherry, a touch of sugar and stock, then a slurry of cornstarch.....good on seafood or chicken.

Yep; as much as I love homemade whenever possible, there's some things I like to buy in a bottle. I do make a mean marinade for steak based off of a favorite Cambodian recipe of mine! Uses 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, the juice of an entire fresh lime, garlic powder, a tiny sprinkling of table sugar, and crushed red pepper.

It'll blow your socks off. I'm going to be trying it with chicken too.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    I personally dig:
    - Grind garlic, ginger
    - Salt, Pepper
    - Soy Sauce
    - Touch of hoisin

GINGER. I should try that next time.

This reminds me that I need to buy a micro plane...