Starting P90x3 soon and question

Options
Im going to start p90x3 as soon as it arrives. Who wants to start? Also people who have done this, what are your thought on it? Pros/cons?

Also feel free to add me.

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I haven't done p90x but I did Insanity and I liked it. It's definitely a challenge and the experience I gained from Insanity that you could apply to p90x (or any exercise for that matter) is to watch your form! Even if you have to stop for a minute to get it right, it's better to lose those few seconds than to damage your knees.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    P90X is more challenging than P90X for people who have poor coordination. If you have poor coordination I would recommend doing the original rather than X3. Additionally, X3 is only really suitable for people whose primary goal is fat loss. The original X could be adapted for people whose primary goal was muscle gain, or whose primary goal was functional gains. X3 doesn't give you the ability to adapt it to different goals like that. It's pretty much exclusively a weight loss program.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    X3 is great because it's only 30 minutes a day if you're a busy person. I'm on my 3rd round of X3 at the moment, and I've done Insanity as well. My results have been great, and I love the well-rounded training that X3 provides (Yoga, Cardio, Chest and Back, Pilates) as opposed to the constant non-stop cardio of Insanity. Let me know if you have any questions!
  • AReeves41
    AReeves41 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I should get it Tues
  • AReeves41
    Options
    Im looking to shred some fat. I will take pics when I start.
  • AinslieGirl
    AinslieGirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in week 8 of x3 and LOVE... LOVE... LOVE it. Am a fan of the p90x series & would recommend it to anyone.Each one is different but I would recommend classic p90x classic for beginners
  • AReeves41
    Options
    Thanks. Feel free to add me
  • nazhage101
    Options
    Can p90x3 be incorporated in the fitness portion of this app?
  • clur_85
    clur_85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm over the half way mark with Body Revolution and I'm thinking about the next workout programme to do in six weeks (sad I know). I'm thinking of giving P90X3 a go. Never done any of the P90X's before but I have done Insanity, T25 etc. although only 30 mins a day but it looks HARD. Looking forward to starting though, good to read the reviews!
  • AReeves41
    Options
    nazhage101 wrote: »
    Can p90x3 be incorporated in the fitness portion of this app?

Far as I know, no. Wish it could be. Guess you have to use weight training or cross training.
  • mamafinni
    Options
    Hey! Perfect! I just started the lean calendar today. I haven't been fit in years and I recently had baby #3. Wanting to fast forward to day 90 already lol b
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    It's a good program, you get a decent workout in 30 minutes a day. But that's the thing, it's only 30 minutes. Great if you're busy and have limited time, but if you have the time and want to burn more calories you may want something longer on occasion. You can always to the Cold Start video if you have extra time though. I still do them once in a while but usually only if I'm in a hurry.
  • AReeves41
    Options
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    It's a good program, you get a decent workout in 30 minutes a day. But that's the thing, it's only 30 minutes. Great if you're busy and have limited time, but if you have the time and want to burn more calories you may want something longer on occasion. You can always to the Cold Start video if you have extra time though. I still do them once in a while but usually only if I'm in a hurry.
    Thanks. Im out of shape right now. As I get back in shape, I will add to it. My workouts used to last 45 to 60 mins.
  • foevagrindin
    foevagrindin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on block 2 I like the program so far