Migraines. F@*#-ing migraines.

Options
Hello, my name is Terri and I am a migraine sufferer. I take medications (both prescription and OTC), I try and eat right, I exercise, and I am even going to try Botox if my insurance goes through. Basically, I am not looking for what to do about migraines, I have my neurologist for that.

What I want is to see if there is another else out there that knows the frustration of going along with your week and then bam! being in bed for the day, two days, more. How do you lose weight when that happens? I have been just picking myself up and moving on, but its freaking hard some days.

Replies

• etscher
    etscher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just had my first migraine yesterday. I had NO idea what it was at first. I started getting the auras...then nearly all of my vision was gone, then my hands went completely numb and i couldn't stop vomiting. Then I started talking in gibberish and I was terrified because I was alone and even if I tried calling someone for help...they wouldn't have been able to understand me. And then I finally fainted. Luckily my mom and best friend are nurses so when I got a good deal of the crying over with from the pain of my migraine, they were there to help me out.

I lose weight when it happens because I have zero appetite or I keep throwing up. Or both.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I lose weight when it happens because I have zero appetite or I keep throwing up. Or both.

^ This is pretty much me.