Didn't know there was a forum!

erikkmcvay
erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
Hi All,

I started using MFP because my daughter mentioned it to me after I'd already been working hard to track my diet (as in what I eat and not some fad thing) and exercise and I have to admit I love it!

All told I've lost 46+ lbs but I started using MFP 26 lbs ago and you can't go back and add your starting point before MFP -- no biggy though.

I also use mapmyride which gives better (more accurate) calories burned in cardio because it actually uses YOUR numbers and the cardio to determine the burn rather then a generic like MFP (which is ok but I'm one of those who wants to know exactly what I'm doing if possible).

I've learned a lot and really like the ability to track my sodium levels (sorry MFP but 2500 is too much! I have to edit mine to 1500 whenever I make a significant weight loss because MFP sets the level too high) and dietary fiber which I think are two key elements to weight loss.

All in all I like the site and use it almost daily (unless I'm out of town without access which is at least a couple times a month).

Erik