New to MFP - I really need this and friends

Options
AngeloInTexas
AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
In my 20's I had a pretty amazing physique. I was 5'9" and about 175lbs, all muscle.

In my 30's, life got sedentary, long days at office, wife, kids, unhealthy eating, and a healthy dose of depression and let's say things went south.

Recently hit 40 and recent deaths in the family have made me realize that if I don't make my weight a priority, I may not be here for my family. I'm simply too heavy, it's unhealthy, and it puts me at risk for so many types of diseases that take down far too many too young. So, I'm here to lose 50 pounds and get back into great shape to hang around for my kids, my gal, and my family.

Friends welcome to support each other, it's all we got sometimes! Good luck on your journey

Replies

• leechadcrowe
    leechadcrowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im v similar bud 37 and on a journey to get fitter and lean this year work in office so v easy tonpe on the pounds and get into bad routine, I bought a fitbit great device and also on Instagram linking in with people who are also trying to get fit, I need as much inspiration as possible keep up the good work
  • AngeloInTexas
    Options
    im v similar bud 37 and on a journey to get fitter and lean this year work in office so v easy tonpe on the pounds and get into bad routine, I bought a fitbit great device and also on Instagram linking in with people who are also trying to get fit, I need as much inspiration as possible keep up the good work

Nice to meet you, I sent you a request, let's stay on each other to keep this up. Few months of our current progress and things could look very different for us by summer!
  • leechadcrowe
    leechadcrowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    absolutely I am determined to get fit this year even got a PT to help me so any advice I get I will pass on and keep you posted let's keep it up motivation is the key and willpower
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I am also starting new. I am a mother and wife. I started my fitness journey really last yea. Everything was going great. I was working early morning and was religious about going to the gym after work putting in 5+ days a week. I was following the awesome Body For Life Program. I lost 15lbs and gained lean sexy muscles and my abs where defining themselves. Then I had to leave my job. I started eating like crazy because of this and lost my motivation of going to the gym. I gained back all I had lost and mire and lost my muscles gained. Now I want to take action and retry to get fit again. I currently weight 155 so my goal is to lose 20lbs and gain muscles. I might not seem like much but theres a big difference in being 20lbs fat instead of having 20lbs of muscle. My problem is that I have perfectionist tendencies and lack self will power and motivation. If I mess up in something during the day like if I eat a bad food or dont exercise at the right time I feel just like giving up for the rest of the day. I also have to force motivate myself constantly during the day or I will give in to negative thoughts and lose will which then leads me to give in to cravings and ...well its like a deadly cycle. But im going to give it all Ive got this year. Hope to make new friends/fit buddies and hipe to get motivation and support and that I may also be of motivation and support to you guys aswell.
  • AngeloInTexas
    Options
    Hi guys I am also starting new. I am a mother and wife. I started my fitness journey really last yea. Everything was going great. I was working early morning and was religious about going to the gym after work putting in 5+ days a week. I was following the awesome Body For Life Program. I lost 15lbs and gained lean sexy muscles and my abs where defining themselves. Then I had to leave my job. I started eating like crazy because of this and lost my motivation of going to the gym. I gained back all I had lost and mire and lost my muscles gained. Now I want to take action and retry to get fit again. I currently weight 155 so my goal is to lose 20lbs and gain muscles. I might not seem like much but theres a big difference in being 20lbs fat instead of having 20lbs of muscle. My problem is that I have perfectionist tendencies and lack self will power and motivation. If I mess up in something during the day like if I eat a bad food or dont exercise at the right time I feel just like giving up for the rest of the day. I also have to force motivate myself constantly during the day or I will give in to negative thoughts and lose will which then leads me to give in to cravings and ...well its like a deadly cycle. But im going to give it all Ive got this year. Hope to make new friends/fit buddies and hipe to get motivation and support and that I may also be of motivation and support to you guys aswell.

I hear you, I've done the same before. For me, I think I need to give myself a lifestyle change, give myself room to cheat on occasion and enjoy life, but maintain the lifestyle. I think that will be key to my success, maybe for you too. One thing that I enjoy about this app, is that I can still eat out so long as I maintain my caloric intake, which has lead to portion control, another key when eating out. So I fully believe you can do it and I'm happy to be a mfp pal to keep each other honest. Use that diary religiously and accurately! That's my pledge to my accountability pals.
  • alun
    alun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Similar story but in London. Lost my excess weight but fighting to maintain! Good luck with your journey.
  • AngeloInTexas
    Options
    alun wrote: »
    Similar story but in London. Lost my excess weight but fighting to maintain! Good luck with your journey.

Thank you to you as well