Not even an ounce!

Options
I'm on day 49 of P90X. I do the program a little different but I workout at least 3 times a week and up to 6 days a week. I have not lost any weight in two weeks. After not losing any weight the first week, I analyzed my diet. Sodium is high and I haven't been drinking enough water. So I started drinking 100 fl oz a day and I have tried to eat less salt. BUT I still have not lost any weight. I think that I should have lost something.

My food diary is very accurate (I measure and weigh EVERYTHING) and I am a very active person (I have a FitBit and walk ALOT). So if anyone could look at my diary and see where else I may be messing up. It would be greatly appreciated.

Also feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear and our bodies are not calculators. you will not lose every week. some weeks you might even gain for no reason. as long as your calories in vs calories out math checks out then don't worry about it, it will catch up to you with time. step away from the scale for a while and focus on what you're actually doing vs what the scale says.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It would help if you told us what you weigh?
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anything alarming and short term trends are so hard to diagnose. I would second the poster above, two weeks is nothing really (especially for women). Keep working hard and focus on gaining strength, muscle tone, and changes will happen.
    It did seem like your protein totals were consistently lower than suggested (although that was mostly because of your exercise burns allowing for extra calories).
  • corellalandrigan
    Options
    When I started crossfit at home I lost nothing for the first three and a half weeks. I actually gained a few pounds! I was stunned. I stuck with it, I use the fitness pal app and an activity tracker similar to fitbit. After 30 days I had only lost 4 lbs but I went down to a slimmer size 12. After another 30 or so days I had only lost another 5 lbs but I am now a size 10. I started at 169 lbs. I am now around 159 but I can now see some muscle definition. I also had to increase my calorie intake. I was eating strictly 1200. With building muscle that's not near enough so now I eat at least 1550 to 1700 depending on the days I workout. I still have a ways to go, and winter has really slowed my momentum but I have a goal and plan on sticking with it! Good luck!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I weigh 151.6
  • elly620
    Options
    Thanks for your responses.
  • elly620
    Options
    Oh and I'm 5'5"
  • elly620
    Options
    Bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose a week?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • elly620
    Options
    I would like to lose a pound a week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    elly620 wrote: »
    I would like to lose a pound a week.
    Get an accurate TDEE and eat 500 calories less from that. When people's weight doesn't move while in deficit, factors usually are new exercise regimen or they are eating more than they really need to.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You say you weigh everything but I still see cups of items. Weigh all solids (peanut butter, oatmeal) watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • elly620
    Options
    How do I find out my tdee?
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This can give you an estimate. Of course the only way to truly know is to accurately track everything you eat and see if your results match up over a long period of time.

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html
  • elly620
    Options
    I used Queenliz's calculator. For my current weight and I put working out 4 day a week. My BMR is 1363. TDEE is 1934. So now what?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've never done P90X but could it be possible that you are gaining muscle? Muscle takes up less room than fat so you wouldn't see any results on the scale.

• elly620
    Options
    Gaining muscle takes a long time. On average the max weight gain from muscle growth is only 1/4 of a pound.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    elly620 wrote: »
    I used Queenliz's calculator. For my current weight and I put working out 4 day a week. My BMR is 1363. TDEE is 1934. So now what?

Subtract 10% or 15% or even 20% from 1934 to lose. 193 to 386 per day
  • elly620
    Options
    @queenliz99. Great video. I didn't realize how much of a difference it is to even weigh peanut butter. Thank you for that video.